NZ vs AFG Dream 11 Prediction, T20 World Cup 2022 NZ Playing 11, AFG Playing 11 New Zealand vs Afghanistan Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Oct 26, 2022 9:47 am IST
NZ vs AFG Dream 11 Prediction: In a crucial encounter of the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup 2022, New Zealand will be taking on Afghanistan at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne on 26 October, 2022 (Wednesday). The New Zealand team will definitely be very much high on confidence after having secured an outstanding 89-run victory over defending champions Australia in their opening game of the T20 competition. On the other hand, Afghanistan will be eyeing to make a strong comeback as they suffered a convincing 5-wicket defeat against England during their first match.
NZ vs AFG Dream 11 Prediction for Today Match
Fixture Name: Match 21, New Zealand vs Afghanistan
Competition: ICC T20 World Cup 2022
Date: 26 October, 2022
Time: 1:30 PM IST
Ground: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Watch T20 World Cup 2022 Live Score
Watch New Zealand vs Afghanistan Live on Star Sports Network and Disney+ Hotstar app.
New Zealand vs Afghanistan Pitch Report
The pitch and the conditions at the Melbourne Cricket Ground are expected to offer enough help for the batters and bowlers throughout the entire match. There will be good amount of bounce available on the wicket that will surely help the fast bowlers as MCG normally offers a balanced track especially with the overcast weather around and things will be favourable for the batters as well. Therefore, picking more of batters and bowlers in your respective dream fantasy teams will be a good option.
Team Form Guide:
NZ (recent last): W L W W W
AFG (recent last): L L L L W
NZ Playing 11
1. Devon Conway (wk)
2. Finn Allen
3. Kane Williamson (C)
4. Glenn Phillips
5. Mark Chapman
6. James Neesham
7. Mitchell Santner
8. Tim Southee
9. Lockie Ferguson
10. Trent Boult
11. Ish Sodhi
- Daryl Mitchell is still doubtful for this encounter due to injury.
- Kane Williamson will captain the side.
- Devon Conway will be the wicket-keeper.
- They will once again bank upon the likes of Devon Conway, Finn Allen, Glenn Phillips, Kane Williamson and Michael Bracewell to play a significant role with the bat.
- The likes of Lockie Ferguson, Mitchell Santner, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi and Tim Southee will be their crucial clogs in the bowling contingent.
Devon Conway Stats in T20I
For New Zealand, left-handed opener Devon Conway has been a crucial performer especially in the T20I format so far. Devon Conway contributed with an amazing innings of 92 runs off 58 balls that included 7 fours and 2 sixes against Australia in the last game.
|29||1033||136.1||7||92*, 14, 64, 49*, 70*|
Trent Boult Stats in T20I
New Zealand’s pacer Trent Boult has been an important wicket-taking bowlers across formats in different conditions. Trent Boult has taken as many as 68 wickets from 51 T20I matches at an economy of less than 8.
|51||68||7.91||22.71||2/24, 0/28, 0/22, 2/25, 1/22|
AFG Playing 11
1. Hazratullah Zazai
2. Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk)
3. Ibrahim Zadran
4. Usman Ghani
5. Najibullah Zadran
6. Mohammad Nabi (C)
7. Azmatullah Omarzai
8. Rashid Khan
9. Fareed Ahmad Malik
10. Fazalhaq Farooqi
11. Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- All the players are available for selection and there are no injury issues in the Afghanistan camp.
- Mohammad Nabi will be the captain.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz will don the wicket-keeping gloves.
- The likes of Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Hazratullah Zazai, Ibrahim Zadran and Najibullah Zadran will once again be expected to do the major run-scoring part in the batting department.
- The trio of Fazalhaq Farooqi, Rashid Khan and Mujeeb Ur Rahman will have to put up a consistent performance with the ball.
Rahmanullah Gurbaz Stats in T20I
For Afghanistan, young Rahmanullah Gurbaz will be a key player to watch out for in this edition of the T20 World Cup 2022 due to his explosive mind-set. Rahmanullah Gurbaz has notched up 828 T20I runs at an impressive strike-rate of close to 140.
|33||838||138.46||5||10, 0, 26, 22, 1, 22|
Rashid Khan Stats in T20I
Afghanistan’s premier spinner Rashid Khan has been a consistent wicket-taking bowler in the T20I format of the game so far. Rashid Khan has picked up as many as 119 wickets at a brilliant economy of less than 7.
|72||119||6.25||14.21||1/17, 0/12, 0/19, 2/45|
Who will win New Zealand vs Afghanistan today match?
- New Zealand have witnessed as many as 4 victories and only a single T20I defeat in the recent while.
- Afghanistan have managed to win just a single game out of their last 5 T20I matches in the recent while.
According to the New Zealand vs Afghanistan today match prediction, New Zealand are the favourites to win this match.
NZ vs AFG Dream11 Team Prediction
WICKET-KEEPERS: Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Devon Conway, Finn Allen
BATTERS: Najibullah Zadran, Ibrahim Zadran, Glenn Phillips
ALL-ROUNDERS: Mohammad Nabi, Mitchell Santner
BOWLERS: Rashid Khan, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson
NZ vs AFG Dream11 Prediction Captain & Vice Captain Choices
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Devon Conway, Rahmanullah Gurbaz.
For Grand League: Finn Allen, Rashid Khan.