NZ vs SL Dream11 Prediction, Playing 11, Top Picks, Fantasy Cricket Tips for T20 World Cup 2022, New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Oct 28, 2022 10:55 pm IST
NZ vs SL Dream11 Prediction : The Super 12 stage of the world cup is nearing its mid term and teams already have started to have a look at the points table. All the teams shall be aware of the various scenarios for qualification and will be eager to come on to the field and improve their chances. Sri Lanka and New Zealand take on each other in another important fixture of Group 1 in the Super 12. Prior to this, New Zealand enjoyed a comprehensive victory against Australia, but had to share points with Afghanistan as the game was called off due to rain. The Asian Champions on the other hand, got a big win against Ireland but failed to replicate that in the game against Australia. Thus, this encounter becomes all the more important for both the teams.
NZ vs SL Dream11 Team Prediction for Today Match
New Zealand Vs Sri Lanka, Match 27 of T20 World Cup
29 October, 1:30 PM IST
Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney.
Where to watch NZ vs SL Live?
Watch NZ vs SL Live on Star Sports Network. Online streaming will be available on the Disney + Hotstar app.
T20 World Cup 2022 Points Table
|SUPER 12 GROUP 1|
|Teams||Played||Won||Lost||NR||Pts||Net Run Rate|
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Pitch Report
The Sydney Cricket Ground has been the most batting friendly wicket in this tournament so far. The highest score posted on this ground so far in this edition of the world cup has been 205 by South Africa.Thus, batters enjoy themselves on this wicket. However, the pitch becomes slower as the match progresses, bringing the spinners into the picture. The par score on this wicket shall be somewhere around 170-180 runs.
Last result at the venue
South Africa(205/5 in 20 overs) beat Bangladesh(101/10 in 16.3 overs) by 104 runs.
India (179/2 in 20 overs) beat Netherlands(123/9 in 20 overs) by 56 runs.
New Zealand (recent last)– W W L W NR
Sri Lanka (recent last)- L W W W L
NZ Playing 11
- Tim Southee confirmed about Daryl Mitchell’s availability for the match against Sri Lanka and he shall replace Mark Chapman.
- Devon Conway would be upbeat after his match winning knock of 92*(58) against Australia and will don the gloves.
- Their pace attack would comprise of Lockie Ferguson, Tim Southee and Trent Boult.
1. Devon Conway (wk)
2. Finn Allen
3. Kane Williamson(C)
4. Glenn Phillips
5. James Neesham
6. Daryl Mitchell
7. Mitchell Santner
8. Tim Southee
9. Ish Sodhi
11. Trent Boult
Finn Allen Stats in T20I
The stylish Kiwi batter is an explosive opening option for the Kiwis. He set the opening fixture of the Super 12 alive with his blistering innings of 42(16).
Lockie Ferguson Stats in T20I
He is a complete T20 bowler. He has pace and bounce, and is one of the best at the death with his variations. The kiwis would rely heavily on him in the coming matches.
SL Playing 11
- Pathum Nissanka returned to the Sri Lankan playing 11 giving the batting lineup some relief after a string of injuries.
- Binura Fernando suffered with an injury during their last match against Australia and has been replaced by Asitha Fernando in the Sri Lankan World Cup squad.
- Apart from one or two changes Sri Lanka are expected to play almost the same side as their last match.
1. Pathum Nissanka
2. Kusal Mendis(wk)
3. Dhananjaya de Silva
4. Bhanuka Rajapaksa
5. Charith Asalanka
6. Dasun Shanaka (C)
7. Wanindu Hasaranga
8. Chamika Karunaratne
9. Asitha Fernando
Pathum Nissanka Stats in T20I
He is the only consistent batter for the Sri Lankans and has turned up time and again to their rescue. It was due to his steady innings Sri Lanka were able to put a competitive total against the Aussies.
Maheesh Theekshana Stats in T20I
His ability to turn the ball has impressed one and all. He can be a handy pick moving ahead as the pitch at Sydney offers some grip to the spinners. He has picked up eight wickets in the fast pitches of Australia so far, speaks volumes about his ability.
|Matches||Wickets||Strike Rate||Economy||Recent Form|
|29||30||22.03||6.46||1/23, 2/15, 2/32, 2/19, 1/23|
Who will win New Zealand vs Sri Lanka today match?
- It is a must win game for both the teams and both New Zealand and Sri Lanka would like to take the two points on offer.
- Both the teams have won 3 out of their last 5 games.
- In the 19 T20I matches between these two teams New Zealand have won 10 whereas the Asian champions have managed 8 wins.One game ended without a result.
Considering form, head to head record and morale of both sides, New Zealand are favourites to win as per our New Zealand vs Sri Lanka today match prediction.
NZ vs SL Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keeper: Devon Conway, Finn Allen
Batters: Kane Williamson, Pathum Nissanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa
All-rounder: Wanindu Hassaranga, Dasun Shanaka, Mitchell Santner
Bowlers: Trent Boult, Maheesh Theekshana, Lockie Ferguson.
NZ vs SL Dream11 Captain and Vice Captain
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Finn Allen, Maheesh Theekshana.
For Grand League: Devon Conway, Wanindu Hassaranga.