RR vs SRH Dream11 Match Prediction FREE TEAMS Today IPL Match 22 October
Updated on: Oct 22, 2020 6:27 pm IST
RR vs SRH Dream11 Prediction: Two teams, who are not out of the contention for the play-offs by any means but are almost in do-or-die territory, will have everything to play for today. Rajasthan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad will lock horns at Dubai with an aim to keep their campaigns alive. RR would be more confident team with a convincing win behind their back while SRH would have been disappointed after their super over loss against KKR in the last match. We will preview RR vs SRH Dream11 contest.
Rajasthan Royals had a good outing against Chennai Super Kings in their last match. Bowling first, new ball bowlers dismissed Shane Watson and Faf du Plessis in the powerplay. Almost all the bowlers bowled well but spinners set up the game for RR in the middle overs. Shreyas Gopal and Rahul Tewatia gave away only 32 runs from their 8 overs and also picked up two wickets. One of the major reasons why CSK could only post 125 runs on the board. RR top order still brought some life in the match with their collapse. They lost 3 wickets for 28 runs but Steve Smith and Jos Buttler were the saviors for RR with an unbeaten partnership of 98 runs. Jos Buttler did bulk of the scoring with a squash-buckling innings of 70.
Sunrisers Hyderabad played a competitive match against Kolkata Knight Riders over the weekend but still couldn’t register two points on the board. Bowling first, T Natarajan picked up a couple while Rashid Khan, Sandeep Sharma and Vijay Shankar bowled economically to limit KKR to a total of 163. In reply, Kane Williamson’s injury forced them to change their batting order. Jonny Bairstow opened with Kane Williamson and both gave them more than just a decent start with 58 runs stand in powerplay overs. But then they lost wickets in cluster against a rampaging Lockie Ferguson. David Warner guided their chase with an unbeaten knock of 47 but it was still not the usual David Warner as he was struggling with his timing. In the end, match ended in a tie but SRH lost both their wickets for just 2 runs in the super over. That was enough to hand the match to Kolkata Knight Riders.
In head-to-head comparisons, both the teams are neck and neck in terms of historical results. SRH & RR both have won 6 matches each from 12 games played between them. In last 5 matches, SRH are leading by 3-2 against the Royals. Riyan Parag and Rahul Tewatia took RR to a win from nowhere when both the teams met for the first time this year at the same venue.
Pitch and Conditions
Dubai is still looking a better batting surface than Abu Dhabi if we consider scores from the last week. Trend has changed a little as last 3 matches have won by the chasing side here and it won’t be a bad idea to bowl first here as dew has started playing its part in late October. Scores around 160-170 are still believed to be par here in batting-friendly conditions.
RR vs SRH Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Rajasthan Royals Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad, Match 40, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 22nd October 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Points Table Standings
Rajasthan Royals: Matches- 10, Win- 4, Loss- 6, Points- 8, Standing- 6th
Sunrisers Hyderabad: Matches-9, Win-3, Loss- 6, Points- 6, Standing- 7th
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Rajasthan Royals: 02, Sunrisers Hyderabad: 03, NR: 00
Rajasthan Royals: WLLWL
Sunrisers Hyderabad: LLLWL
Last Match at the Venue
Delhi Capitals (164/5, 20 Overs) lost to Kings XI Punjab (167/5, 19 Overs) by 5 wickets, 20th October 2020.
RR vs SRH Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and RR Vs SRH Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Rajasthan Royals Team News
- Rajasthan Royals are not likely to make any changes to their playing XI.
- Ben Stokes and Robin Uthappa are likely to continue as their openers but Sanju Samson is the main concern for RR in the batting order.
- Steve Smith is not at his best but still fought himself to an unbeaten knock and supported Jos Buttler well in quest of a win. Rahul Tewatia and Riyan Parag are their finishers.
- Shreyas Gopal is back among the wickets and Jofra Archer would be thankful of that. Young Kartik Tyagi and Ankit Rajpoot would be looking to continue the good work as a bowling unit in our RR vs SRH Dream11 prediction.
RR Playing 11 (Probable)
Sunrisers Hyderabad Team News
- There is no official news about the availability of Kane Williamson today and if he is not fit, then SRH will have to make some changes to their playing XI.
- David Warner is likely to come back as an opener while Jonny Bairstow has had a lean patch in last few matches by his standards. Manish Pandey will have to play a bigger role in the middle order if Kane Williamson doesn’t play.
- Priyam Garg, Vijay Shankar and Abdul Samad will be Indian options in the middle while Mohammad Nabi and Jason Holder are front-runners to replace Kane Williamson in the overseas spot.
- Rashid Khan will lead the bowling attack with Sandeep Sharma and T Natarajan as confirmed starters. Remaining one slot will depend upon their overseas combination for today’s match.
SRH Playing 11 (Probable)
RR vs SRH Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow
Batsmen: David Warner, Manish Pandey, Riyan Parag
All-rounders: Rahul Tewatia, Vijay Shankar
Bowlers: Jofra Archer, Kartik Tyagi, T Natarajan, Rashid Khan
SRH vs RR Gamezy Prediction Today Cricket Match
Wicket-keeper: J Buttler, J Bairstow
Batsmen: D Warner, K Williamson, M Pandey, P Garg
All-rounder: B Stokes, R Tewatia
Bowlers: J Archer, T Natarajan, K Tyagi
Captain Choices: D Warner, Ben Stokes
Vice-captain choices: J Buttler, J Bairstow
Get 55% off on Full Match and 50% off on 2nd Innings (30% Discount + 25%/20% Bonus.)
Code : INDFANTASYIPL40 | First 200 Users. Once per user.
For Small Leagues
- Jos Buttler is back in form and should be backed as the captaincy material. He scored an unbeaten 70 in the chase against CSK and looked in his usual zone with shots all round the park. His only concern would be his lack of game time and his record at this venue with the scores of 24, 22, 16 & 21 at Dubai so far.
- Jofra Archer again will be a key component in RR’s plans against a top-heavy SRH outfit. He is in fray for the purple cap this year with 13 scalps from 10 matches so far. He has an unbelievable average of 20.61 considering the fact that he bowls in powerplay and at the death.
- David Warner is a reliable option from today’s lineups. He hasn’t looked himself completely this year but still has 331 runs at an average of 41.37. His battle with Jofra Archer at the top presents a mouth-watering prospect for the fans.
For Grand Leagues
- Rahul Tewatia has remained RR’s most impactful player this year. That knock against KXIP at Sharjah changed his fortunes completely and he hasn’t looked back since then. He has taken 7 wickets and also scored 222 runs that also include a couple of match-winning innings for RR. In the last match against the same opposition, Rahul Tewatia slammed 45* to take his team home from a difficult position.
- Manish Pandey can be a good option for the grand leagues today. He has had a quiet season till now with only two 50+ scores to his name but one of them came against the Royals in their last meeting. He is ahead of Jonny Bairstow only because of the fact that there are couple of leg-spinners in the opposition ranks.
- As usual, Rashid Khan is the leading wicket-taker for SRH so far. He has hunted down 11 batsmen at an average of 18.09 from 9 innings. He is having an economy rate of 5.53 which is third best in the tournament. He can be used specifically against Jos Buttler as Rashid has got the better of him on 4 occasions from just 10 balls.
Who will win RR vs SRH Today Match Prediction?
As per our RR vs SRH Today Match Predictions, Rajasthan Royals are slight favourites to win this match. There is nothing much to choose from both these teams but RR are looking better on form. SRH will also have to decide their best playing combination beyond Kane Williamson. Match-ups between key players from both the sides are likely to decide the outcome of today’s encounter.