SL vs SA Dream11 Prediction
SL vs SA Match Prediction Tips | Sri Lanka vs South Africa Who Will Win Today Match
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, Aug 12 at 02:30 PM IST
A spirited performance in the last ODI saw the home side finally getting a win under their belt in this series in a rain-curtailed game. It wasn’t a pleasant start for the interim skipper Quinton de Kock as he lost his first game as an ODI skipper by 4 runs.
Rain gods hindered the last match many times which meant that the home side were given 39 overs to bat in the first innings. Kudos to the ground staff who managed to clear all the water around the ground on time which resulted in the start of play which was looking almost impossible at one stage.
Batting first, the Lankan Lions posted a humongous total of 306-7 thanks to some valiant efforts from Thisara Perera (51 of 45 balls), Kusal Perera (51 of 32 balls) and especially the late blitz from all-rounder Dasun Shanaka whose 65 of 34 deliveries made the biggest impact on the scoreline.
South Africa were given a revised target of 190 runs from 21 overs and they were cruising for a victory once they got off to a flier with the openers Quinton de Kock and Hashim Amla coming together as they got 34 in the first three overs. The lower middle order struggled and then a breathtaking penultimate over from Suranga Lakmal who was tasked to prevent the opposition from scoring 9 runs did a fantastic job as he removed the last recognize batsman David Miller to clinch a nervy 3 runs win for his team.
Read on for SL vs SA Dream11 Team News and Sri Lanka vs South Africa team news and playing 11.
SL vs SA Team News
- With Sri Lanka showing some character in the last game with a relative new eleven, they won’t be looking for any changes in the squad.
- South Africa, on the other hand, made some tentative changes in their squad with Tabraiz Shamsi and Kagiso Rabada benched, they might bring in one of them for the final game.
SL vs SA Playing 11
Speaking of the SL vs SA Playing 11, here’s how the two sides can line-up.
Sri Lanka playing 11(Probable):
Wicket-keeper: Niroshan Dickwella
Batsmen: Upul Tharanga, Dhananajaya de Silva, Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera
All-rounders: Angelo Mathews(c), Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka
Bowlers: Suranga Lakmal, Akila Dananjaya, Lahiru Kumara
South Africa playing 11(Probable):
Wicket-keeper: Quinton de Kock(c)
Batsmen: Reeza Hendricks, David Miller, Hashim Amla (Doubt between Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen)
All-rounders: Jean-Paul Duminy, Willem Mulder, Andile Phehlukwayo
Bowlers: Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi
SL vs SA Squads
Sri Lanka: Angelo Mathews(c), Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Upul Tharanga, Shehan Jayasuriya, Akila Dananjaya, Niroshan Dickwella(wk),Kusal Mendis, Prabath Jayasuriya, Lahiru Kumara, Kusal Perera, Suranga Lakmal, Kasun Rajitha, Dhananjaya de Silva, Lakshan Sandakan.
South Africa: Quinton de Kock(c/wk), Jean-Paul Duminy, Hashim Amla, Keshav Maharaj, David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen, Willem Mulder, Andile Phehlukwayo, Tabraiz Shamsi, Junior Dala, Kagiso Rabada, Aiden Markram, Reeza Hendricks, Lungi Ngidi.
SL vs SA Key Players
- Kusal Perera has got 2 half-centuries in 4 games which makes him a valiant choice with the bat.
- Niroshan Dickwella has also given good starts at the top of the order.
- Akila Dananjaya has taken 9 wickets so far from 4 games while Suranga Lakmal was terrific in the closing overs of the last match.
- JP Duminy has got 215 runs from 3 games so far and will be pipped for one more good performance.
- Quinton de Kock has also been a fine contributor with the bat.
- Lungi Ngidi will be the pick of the bowlers.
Note: This SL vs SA Dream11 prediction is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above basis Sri Lanka vs South Africa team news.
SL vs SA Dream11 Team
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update of Sri Lanka vs South Africa Dream11 Prediction. Also, hit the bell icon on the bottom right side of your screen to get all the latest Dream11 prediction updates.