SLZ vs TKR Dream11 Match Prediction Cricket St Lucia Zouks vs Trinbago Knight Riders CPL T20 26 August
Updated on: Aug 26, 2020 4:14 pm IST
SLZ vs TKR Dream11 Prediction: We are all set for the clash of table toppers in the Caribbean Premier League on Wednesday. St Lucia Zouks will lock horns with Trinbago Knight Riders at Queen’s Park Oval in Port of Spain. Before the start of this season, had anyone told about St Lucia Zouks sitting at second spot in the points table at this stage, nobody would have believed that. The Zouks have defied the expectations in such a manner so far. Let’s look at our Dream11 fantasy cricket’s preview for this match.
St Lucia Zouks beat Guyana Amazon Warriors by 10 runs in the last match at Tarouba. Batting first, the Zouks didn’t enjoy a good start as their top 4 returned to pavilion very early. But after that, Roston Chase and Mohammad Nabi shared a decent partnership to rescue their team. After the departure of Mohammad Nabi, Roston Chase continued on and slammed 66 runs to help the Zouks post 144 runs on the board. In bowling, Scott Kuggeleijn carried on his brilliant season by picking up 3 wickets again. This time he got very good support from Chemar Holder and Kesrick Williams with both scalping two wickets each.
There is no one stopping Trinbago Knight Riders so far in this year’s CPL. They have gone on to win all their 3 matches to top the table. In the last match against Barbados Tridents, openers Lendl Simmons and Sunil Narine dismissed cheaply but after that Colin Munro and Darren Bravo took the matters in their hands. Both made quick-fire fifties while Kieron Pollard blasted 41 runs from just 17 balls. TKR put on 185 on the board and that was well above par in the conditions. In reply, all the bowlers bowled according to their blueprints. Especially, Sunil Narine, Fawad Ahmed and Khary Pierre bowled economically to present absolutely nothing to the Tridents. TKR won the match by 19 runs in the end.
In head-to-head comparisons, Trinbago Knight Riders have dominated the Zouks to say the least. TKR have won 10 while Zouks have taken only 2 matches played between these two teams. Two matches had to be abandoned due to rain. In recent history, the same trend continued as 4 out of last 5 matches have gone TKR’s way.
Pitch and Conditions
The weather for today’s clash is expected to remain clear. Cloudy spells may play the role during the day but nothing serious would be there to stop the play. Historically, we have seen more high-scoring matches at Queen’s Park Oval compared to Tarouba. But as the match is to be played during the day time, we can expect some help for the spinners.
SLZ vs TKR Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: St Lucia Zouks Vs Trinbago Knight Riders, Match 13 CPL T20
Competition: CPL T20
Date: 26th August 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
St Lucia Zouks: 00, Trinbago Knight Riders: 04, NR: 01
Points Table Standings
St Lucia Zouks: Played- 4, Won- 3, Lost- 1, Points- 6, Standing- 2nd
Trinbago Knight Riders: Played- 3, Won- 3, Lost- 0, Points- 6, Standing-1st
SLZ vs TKR Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at possible playing XIs for the both teams in today match prediction.
St Lucia Zouks Squad
Daren Sammy (C), Rahkeem Cornwall, Andre Fletcher, Leniko Boucher (wk), Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Kavem Hodge, Roston Chase, Chemar Holder, Kimani Melius, Kesrick Williams, Zahir Khan Pakteen, Obed McCoy, Javelle Glenn, Saad Bin Zafar, Mark Deyal, Scott Kuggeleijn
St Lucia Zouks Team News
- Rahkeem Cornwall is expected to be fit again and he will replace Kimani Melius at the top of the order. Andre Fletcher has a half-century so far from the season but he will be looking for consistent performances.
- In the middle-order, Mark Dayal, Roston Chase, Najibullah Zadran and Mohammad Nabi are in good form and have contributed in the Zouks’ success. They will be continuing with Javelle Glen but the form of captain Daren Sammy is a major concern for them.
- In pace bowling lineup, Scott Kuggeleijn has been the pick of the tournament so far while Chemar Holder impressed everyone with his bowling in the last match. Kesrick Williams will round-off the bowling lineup for the Zouks.
SLZ Playing 11 (Probable)
Daren Sammy (C)
Trinbago Knight Riders Squad
Kieron Pollard (C), Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine, Colin Munro, Tim Seifert (wk), Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Fawad Ahmed, Sikandar Raza, Khary Pierre, Ali Khan, Anderson Phillip, Amir Jangoo, Tion Webster, Akeal Hosein, Jayden Seales, Pravin Tambe
Trinbago Knight Riders Team News
- Trinbago Knight Riders are expected to field an unchanged playing XI for this clash.
- Sunil Narine had a failure with the bat in the last match but otherwise he was brilliant in the earlier two matches. Lendl Simmons is yet to make a contribution and today might be his day.
- Colin Munro, Darren Bravo and Kieron Pollard scripted the last win against the Tridents with the bat. They belted the bowling to all parts of the ground. Tim Seifert has not got enough time to show his worth in the middle.
- In the bowling, Khary Pierre and Fawad Ahmed will support Sunil Narine in spin-bowling department while Ali Khan and Jayden Seales have been brilliant in fast-bowling options.
TKR Playing 11 (Probable)
Tim Seifert (wk)
Kieron Pollard (C)
SLZ vs TKR Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
For Small Leagues
- Sunil Narine should be the first pick for any of your teams for this match. He has rediscovered his old mojo with the ball and not giving away anything at the moment. He also has two half-centuries with the bat.
- Mohammad Nabi has been opening the bowling for his team for last couple of matches. He has been economical and also picked up occasional wickets. He has also made contributions down the order with the bat in almost all the matches.
- Roston Chase is another very good option for captaincy position. We are stressing upon the all-rounders who are in good form and can earn you maximum advantage over the others. Roston Chase made 66 runs in the last match and also bowled full quota of his overs.
For Grand Leagues
- Colin Munro is coming into this match after two back to back good outings with the bat. He looks to be in good zone at the moment and can continue his form in this match as well. He has 50, 49* and 17 from three innings so far this season.
- There are few better sights in T20 cricket than watching Kieron Pollard bat when he is on song. And he was in that mood in the last match as Barbados Tridents bowlers faced the consequences. He slammed 41 off just 17 balls that also included 4 magnificent sixes.
- Scott Kuggeleijn has surprised many this season with the amount of wickets he has got. He has 10 scalps from 4 matches so far and his variations are perfectly suited for the conditions here at both the venues in Trinidad. He is a genuine pick for the captain in the grand leagues.
Who will win SLZ vs TKR Today Match Prediction?
As per Dream11 predictions, Trinbago Knight Riders is the team to beat in the tournament at this point of time. But if anyone can surprise them, it has to be St Lucia Zouks. The Zouks may not have superstars in their ranks but they are operating like a well-oiled machine right now. It should be a very tight contest but TKR are favourites to prevail in the end.