SRH vs KOL Dream11 Match Prediction FREE TEAMS Today IPL Match 18 October
Updated on: Oct 18, 2020 12:29 pm IST
SRH vs KOL Dream11 Prediction: Two teams which are in similar situations in their campaigns will look to end the misery of their recent matches. Although Kolkata Knight Riders are having two more points than Sunrisers Hyderabad but a loss here won’t be good for the chances of any of these teams. Both the teams were also hit hard by the unavailability of their key player due to different reasons in middle of their campaigns. We will preview SRH vs KOL Dream11 contest.
Sunrisers Hyderabad lost their last match against Chennai Super Kings convincingly. Bowling first, fast bowlers proved very expansive as they failed to make regular inroads into CSK batting lineup. Spinners also failed to pick up wickets in the middle overs. Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed and T Natarajan scalped two each with Sandeep Sharma being the standout performer among them. CSK set a target of 168 runs in front SRH batting lineup. In reply, SRH batting cream lies in their top order and once top 3 were dismissed cheaply, it was always going to be difficult for them. Kane Williamson fought a lone battle with his 57 runs but could not guide his team to two points as SRH fell short by 20 runs.
A change in captaincy couldn’t change the fortunes of KKR as they went down against Mumbai Indians in their last match. Batting first, KKR copped a collapse of the highest order as they lost 5 for 61 in first half of their innings. Eoin Morgan was joined by Pat Cummins for the rescue act as both did extremely well to take KKR to a total of 148 runs. But the score was still below par as it was evident as soon as MI openers took field. Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock broke the back of the chase with their partnership of 94 runs in quick time. Quinton de Kock was particularly menacing as KKR bowlers failed to make any impressions. Varun Chakravarthy and Shivam Mavi took one each but MI registered a comfortable win by 8 wickets.
In head-to-head comparisons, Kolkata Knight Riders have performed well against Sunrisers Hyderabad historically. KKR have won 11 matches while SRH were victorious on 7 occasions in 18 matches played between these two sides. KKR lead the proceedings in last 5 matches with a lead of 3-2. In the first meeting this year, KKR beat SRH by 7 wickets at the same venue.
Pitch and Conditions
The average scores across all the venues have come down significantly in last week or so. There are clear indications that pitches are getting tired and also started spinning a bit. It will not be easy to bat second going forward. Abu Dhabi is having a large playing area and batsmen need to have a proper hit to get the boundary. All in all, 160 should be a par total here if you are batting first.
SRH vs KOL Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Kolkata Knight Riders, Match 35, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 18th October 2020
Time: 3:30 PM IST
Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Sunrisers Hyderabad: 02, Kolkata Knight Riders: 03, NR: 00
Points Table Standings
Kolkata Knight Riders: Matches- 8, Win- 4, Loss- 4, Points- 8, Standing- 4th
Sunrisers Hyderabad: Matches- 8, Win- 3, Loss- 5, Points- 6, Standing- 5th
Sunrisers Hyderabad: LLWLW
Kolkata Knight Riders: LLWWL
Last Match at the Venue
Kolkata Knight Riders (148/5, 20 Overs) lost to Mumbai Indians (149/2, 16.5 Overs) by 8 wickets, 16th October 2020.
SRH vs KOL Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and SRH Vs KOL Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Team News
- Sunrisers Hyderabad are likely to go with the same playing XI from their last match.
- David Warner and Jonny Bairstow are very important to SRH’s chances and if this pair goes well, highly likely that SRH would win. Manish Pandey and Kane Williamson had contributions at different points but both haven’t clicked together.
- Young Priyam Garg and Vijay Shankar will have to take care of their lower middle order if they decide to go with 5 bowlers strategy again today.
- Rashid Khan has been brilliant so far and Shahbaz Nadeem also bowled well without any success in the last match. T Natarajan will seek support from Khaleel Ahmed and Sandeep Sharma in the fast bowling department.
SRH Playing 11 (Probable)
Kolkata Knight Riders Team News
- Kolkata Knight Riders may bring one change to their overseas contingent today.
- Shubman Gill has been their highest scorer till now but only complaint for him is that he often gets out after a start and without converting into a big one. Rahul Tripathi will be his opening partner.
- Nitish Rana has struggled this year to say the least and teams are executing their plans against him well. Dinesh Karthik should look to bat as a finisher rather than number 4 position which should be occupied by Eoin Morgan. Andre Russell is yet to fire this season and team management would be hoping for that day today.
- Lockie Ferguson should ideally replace Chris Green today. His combination with Pat Cummins augurs a mouthwatering prospect for a viewing. Kuldeep Yadav can also come in place of one of the Indian pacers while Varun Chakravarthy will continue to feature in the XI.
KOL Playing 11 (Probable)
SRH vs KOL Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Jonny Bairstow
Batsmen: David Warner, Manish Pandey, Priyam Garg, Rahul Tripathi, Shubman Gill
All-rounders: Andre Russell
Bowlers: Rashid Khan, T Natarajan, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakravarthy
SRH vs KOL Gamezy Prediction Today Cricket Match
Wicket-keeper: D Karthik, J Bairstow
Batsmen: D Warner, K Williamson, E Morgan, M Pandey, S Gill
All-rounder: A Russell
Bowlers: P Cummins, S Mavi, S Sharma
Captain Choices: D Warner, E Morgan
Vice-captain choices: S Gill, M Pandey
Get 55% off on Full Match and 50% off on 2nd Innings (30% Discount + 25%/20% Bonus.)
Code : SUN3INDFANTASY | First 200 Users. Once per user.
For Small Leagues
- David Warner has scored 284 runs from 8 innings even without being at his best so far. He had starts in most of the matches. His strike-rate is pretty less compared to his career figures but still remains one of the reliable picks from today’s lineup.
- Rashid Khan has delivered again this season till now. His googlies are hard to pick and he bowls at a pace which is difficult for anyone to line up. He should enjoy good match-ups against the likes of Nitish Rana, Dinesh Karthik and Eoin Morgan today in the middle overs.
- Andre Russell hasn’t had great times this year but SRH could be an opposition against whom he goes all guns blazing. There are no express fast-bowlers in SRH lineup to trouble Andre Russell with short balls ploy. And given that he also bowls at the death, he can give you points with the ball as well.
For Grand Leagues
- Kane Williamson is a handy pick for the grand leagues. Jonny Bairstow may struggle against the likes of Pat Cummins and Lockie Ferguson initially and that is the reason why you can bank upon Kane Williamson today. His game time is not likely to get affected against a strong bowling lineup like KKR.
- Shubman Gill is a good choice if you are looking for a differential in the grand leagues. With the game he has, he almost guarantees you some points at the top. He hardly takes any risks before getting set and should do well against Indian domestic pace bowlers today.
- Eoin Morgan hasn’t had a defining say so far in the edition but he is likely to bat at number 4 today. That will mean that he is likely get plenty of time to get into his innings and then bring out his long handle once set. The fact that he guided a chase against the same team with 42* earlier in the season should give him a lot of confidence.
Who will win SRH vs KOL Today Match Prediction?
As per our Today Match Prediction, Kolkata Knight Riders are slight favourites to win this clash against Sunrisers Hyderabad. Although both the teams had limited success so far, KKR look a stronger unit on paper overall. The outcome will mostly be decided by the performances of overseas core of both the sides.