STR vs HUR Dream11 Prediction, Big Bash League T20 Live Score, Pitch Report, Player Stats, Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Jan 7, 2022 11:30 am IST
STR vs HUR Dream11 Prediction: In spite of a 14-run defeat in the recent match against the Brisbane Heat, Hobart Hurricanes will look to stay afloat in the top four rankings by taking on the Adelaide Strikers in their second duel of the season. The Matthew Wade-led side had the upper hand in their previous match against the Strikers that witnessed opener Ben McDermott smash a 60-ball 110* to chase 176 runs at the Bellerive Oval. The Hurricanes have managed four wins and as many losses and look pretty confident heading into the second half of the BBL 11. On the other hand, it has been a sour journey so far for the Adelaide Strikers, who are now placed at the bottom of BLL 11 rankings, having suffered 7 defeats in 8 matches, including a 14-run loss to Sydney Thunder in their previous outing. They still can make the playoffs, provided they manage to stitch wins in the remaining six matches, starting from the forthcoming game at the Adelaide Oval.
STR vs HUR Big Bash League T20 Match 35 Details
Fixture Name: Match 35, Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers
Date: 5 January
Time: 12:35 PM IST
Ground: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Watch Big Bash League T20 Live Score
Watch STR vs HUR Live on the Sony LIV app and Star Sports Network.
Big Bash League T20 Pitch Report
The wicket has been an aid to the batters in the last three matches in BBL 11, with the average first innings total as 181. Teams batting first have won all three matches, which includes Strikers’ only win this season over Melbourne Renegades. Batters and all-rounders would be important from a fantasy point of view.
Team Form Guide:
STR (recent last): L L L L L
HUR (recent last): L W W W L
STR vs HUR Dream11 Prediction for Today Match
STR Playing 11 (likely)
- Adelaide Strikers have announced a 13-man squad for this matchup.
- Henry Hunt finds his place in the side, while pacer George Garton misses out.
- Peter Siddle will captain the side.
- Harry Nielson will keep the gloves.
- The top-order trio of Matthew Short, Jake Weatherald, and Matt Renshaw has scored the majority of runs for the Strikers.
- Middle-order batter Thomas Kelly has been quite handy with knocks of 25-plus runs while striking at over 130 in the ongoing tournament.
- Skipper Peter Siddle and spinner Rashid Khan have picked 11 wickets each in BBL 11.
Matt Renshaw stats in T20
Renshaw has churned runs on a regular basis in the limited opportunities received in the BBL 11. The southpaw has scored 30-runs or more in the last three matches, including a 41-ball 63 against the Hurricanes, which comprised a tally of 9 fours. Renshaw, once set, can offer a decent amount of points through his points to the fantasy total.
Rashid Khan stats in T20
The Afghan leg-spinner is once again at his lethal best in the tournament. He has already taken 11 scalps while averaging 20.0 and an economy rate of 6.87. Rashid’s an asset in this format of the game and especially the form he’s in, one could consider him as a captain or vice-captain option in the fantasy line-up.
HUR Playing 11 (likely)
Related: Best Captain in the World
- Pacer Nathan Ellis misses out due to a side strain.
- All-rounder Josh Kann won’t be available as he has come in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case. Although he has tested negative at the moment.
- Both Scott Boland (international commitment) and Joel Paris (groin injury) are unavailable at this stage.
- Matthew Wade will don the captain and wicket-keeper’s role.
- Both D’Arcy Short and Wade haven’t been able to get the desired starts for the Hurricanes, so they would be eyeing to get the runs incoming at a healthy rate.
- Ben McDermott is likely to play another integral role with the bat.
- Among bowlers, Thomas Rogers and Riley Meredith have been phenomenal in scalping wickets at crunch moments.
Matthew Wade stats in T20
There’s a good possibility that the Hurricanes’ skipper could come up with a stellar show against the Strikers, considering he averages a whopping 71.40 in 9 innings that he has faced the latter, including a hundred and two fifties. Also, he can be vital with his wicket-keeping abilities that could offer points in the fantasy line-up.
Thomas Rogers stats in T20
The right-arm medium pacer is atop the bowling charts in terms of most wickets this season (14) while averaging a miserly 13.07. He has been reaping wickets in the powerplay and middle-overs and taking into account the rate at which he’s striking the blows, Rogers makes a very strong case as a captain or vice-captain for the upcoming matchup.
Who will win STR vs HUR today match?
The Hurricanes have a lot settled in their camp and all they need at the moment is their skipper Matthew Wade leading from the front. Meanwhile, the Adelaide Strikers haven’t had any harmonious performances with the willow, which has been their main cause of defeat this season. There’s a good chance that Strikers’ line-up might crumble at the hands of the Hurricanes’ bowling line-up . As per STR vs HUR today match prediction and Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes cricket betting tips, Hobart Hurricanes are the favourites for this match.
Related: Indian cricket players salary
STR vs HUR Dream11 Team Prediction
WICKET-KEEPERS: Matthew Wade
BATTERS: Ben McDermott, Jonathan Wells, Matt Renshaw, Thomas Kelly, Peter Handscomb
ALL-ROUNDERS: D’Arcy Short
BOWLERS: Thomas Rogers, Rashid Khan, Peter Siddle, Riley Meredith
STR vs HUR Dream11 Prediction Captain & Vice Captain Choices
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Ben McDermott, Thomas Rogers
For Grand League: Matthew Wade, Rashid Khan
If you’re looking to play on a fantasy cricket app other than Dream11, iGamio offers low entry fees and high winnings. Click here to check out iGamio App
Get daily offers, giveaways and coupon code for fantasy cricket apps and chance to win big on contests like substitution fantasy. Join telegram channel here.