THU vs STA Dream11 Prediction, Playing 11, Fantasy Cricket Tips – Big Bash League T20 Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Dec 13, 2022 1:12 pm IST
THU vs STA Dream11 Prediction: Sydney Thunders and Melbourne Stars will face off against each other to kickstart the opening match of the BBL 2022-23 season. Thunders have been a strong force in the last couple of years, finishing 3rd in the last two years consecutively. Whereas Stars who are still in search of their first title will be without their captain Glenn Maxwell, who is expected to be unavailable for the entire tournament due to injury. Adam Zampa will lead the side in his absence in the quest for their maiden title. Can the new skipper change the fortunes of the Stars team? Let’s find out.
THU vs STA Dream11 Prediction for Today Match
Fixture Name: Match 1, Sydney Thunders vs Melbourne Stars
Competition: KFC Big Bash League 2022-23
Date: 13th December 2022
Time: 01:45 PM IST
Ground: Manuka Oval, Canberra
Watch Big Bash League Live Score
Watch THU vs STA Live on Sony Sports Network and Sony Liv app.
THU vs STA Pitch Report
The pitch in Manuka Oval in Canberra is a batting-friendly track. The average score here is 164 runs and the average first innings score is 171. Pacers will have a lot of say in deciding the result at this venue. The chasing team has won 11 of the 15 recent BBL games played at this venue.
THU: W W L W L
STA: L W L L W
THU Playing 11
1. Alex Hales
2. Matthew Gikes (wk)
3. Rilee Rossouw
4. Jason Sangha (c)
5. Alex Ross
6. Daniel Sams
7. Ben Cutting
8. Chris Green
9. Nathan McAndrew
10. Gurinder Sandhu
11. Fazalhaq Farooqi
STA Playing 11
1. Marcus Stoinis
2. Joe Clarke (wk)
3. Nick Larkin
4. Joe Burns
5. Hilton Cartwright
6. Beau Webster
7. Nathan Coulter Nile
8. Luke Wood
9. Adam Zampa (c)
10. Trent Boult
11. Clint Hinchliffe
Who will score the most runs in THU vs STA?
Alex Hales has been leading the batting charts for Thunders in the last couple of years. With a successful T20 World Cup campaign behind him, he is expected to add to that good form.
|BBL Matches||Runs||Average||Strike rate||50s|
Who will pick the most wickets in THU vs STA?
Trent Boult who is a free agent now will take the field for the Stars this season. He is a seasoned T20 pro and is expected to be amongst the top wicket takers of this season.
Who will win the THU vs STA today match?
- Glenn Maxwell is injured and won’t be available for the Stars. Adam Zampa will lead the team this season.
- Marcus Stoinis and Joe Clarke will open the innings, with Hilton Cartwright expected to do the bulk of the job in the middle order in the absence of Glenn Maxwell.
- Trent Boult will play his first-ever BBL game and will strengthen the Stars bowling unit.
- In Boult, Coulter Nile and Luke Wood, Stars have a strong pace bowling unit.
- For Thunders, David Warner will be unavailable for the most part of the tournament due to national duty.
- Tanveer Sangha is out with a stress fracture injury.
- Alex Hales is available for the first 10 games.
- In Ben Cutting and Daniel Sams, Thunders have a very strong lower middle order.
- Alex Hales, Fazalhaq Farooqi and Rilee Rossouw will be the overseas players for Thunders.
- Stars have won seven of the past eight matches vs Thunder.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other, STA defeated THU by 6 wickets.
- According to the THU vs STA match prediction, STA is the favourite to win this match.
THU vs STA (Head to Head)
|Matches Played||STA Won||THU Won|
THU vs STA Dream11 Team Prediction
WICKETKEEPER: Joe Clarke
BATTERS: Rilee Rossouw, Alex Hales, Hilton Cartwright
ALL-ROUNDERS: Ben Cutting, Marcus Stoinis, Daniel Sams
BOWLERS: Trent Boult, Adam Zampa, Luke Wood, Fazalhaq Farooqi
Who should be the captain of your THU vs STA Fantasy Team?
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Adam Zampa, Daniel Sams
For Grand League: Marcus Stoinis, Trent Boult