Florida cricket stadium: Check out Florida Cricket Stadium Records & stats
Updated on: Jul 9, 2023 5:15 pm IST
The Central Broward Park Cricket Stadium, also called Florida cricket stadium located in Lauderhill, Florida, has been a prominent sporting venue since its establishment in 2007. Originally known as Central Broward Regional Park, this versatile facility not only caters to cricket but also hosts a variety of other sports, including Association Football, Australian Rules Football, American Football, and Rugby matches. Owned and operated by Broward County, the stadium boasts a generous seating capacity of 20,000, making it an ideal location for major sporting events.
Florida cricket stadium
One notable distinction of the Florida cricket stadium is its role as the sole venue for international cricket matches in the United States. This status elevates its significance within the cricketing community, attracting teams from around the world to compete on its hallowed grounds. In 2010, New Zealand and Sri Lanka set the stage for the stadium’s international cricket legacy by participating in the first T20 international match held there. The Black Caps emerged victorious, triumphing over their Sri Lankan opponents by a margin of 28 runs.
Within the annals of cricket history, the Central Broward Park Cricket Stadium earned a special place as the venue where KL Rahul, a talented Indian cricketer, etched his name into the record books. Rahul became the third Indian player to achieve the remarkable feat of scoring a century in T20 International cricket. This milestone not only solidified the stadium’s reputation but also added a captivating chapter to Rahul’s career.
While the stadium has welcomed numerous international teams, it primarily serves as the home ground for the United States cricket team. As the only cricket team to regularly play at this esteemed venue, the U.S. team has had the privilege of showcasing their skills in front of passionate fans on 12 occasions during T20I matches. This consistent presence has allowed the team to establish a deep connection with the stadium, as well as cultivate a dedicated fan base within the cricketing community.
- Highest team total: West Indies’ 245/6 against India in 2016
- Evin Lewis’ 49-ball 100 propelled West Indies to victory
- India scored 244/4 in reply
- Lowest team total: New Zealand’s 81 against Sri Lanka in 2010
- New Zealand lost the match by seven wickets
- Most runs: Rohit Sharma (India) scored 196 T20I runs
- Maintained a strike rate of 153.12
- Played five games at the Central Broward Park Cricket Stadium
- Highest individual score: KL Rahul’s unbeaten 110 against West Indies in 2016
- Included 12 boundaries and five sixes
- Despite Rahul’s effort, West Indies won by one run
- Highest partnership: Johnson Charles and Evin Lewis’ 126-run stand against India in 2016
- Charles contributed 79 runs, Lewis added 46
- Most wickets: Sunil Narine has the most T20I wickets at the venue with nine scalps
- Achieved in five innings
- Best bowling figures: 4/12 against New Zealand in 2012
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.