Billy Stanlake is one tall fast bowler with express speed and has the ability to rip the ball on any surface. He bowls at a brisk pace which makes him really intimidating. He made his international debut for Australia in a tri-series in New Zealand which involved England as the third participant, he announced his arrival loud and clear into the International circuit with some vital performab=nces and sheer pace in the series and looked good enough to fill in the boots of the likes off Brett Lee and Shaun Tait. He was one of the finds for Australia in the 2014 Under-19 World Cup and with the talent he possess he could well be one of the most vital aspect of Australian fast bowling in the coming years.
|Height (approx.):||6 Feet 8 Inches|
|Weight (approx.):||95 Kgs|
|Eye Colour:||Light Blue|
|Date of Birth:||4th November 1994|
|Age (as on 2018):||23 years|
|Birth Place:||Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Scorpio|
|School:||The Southport School, Gold Coast, Queensland|
|Father:||Warren Stanlake (Australian rules Footballer)|
|Brother:||Jack Stanlake (Australian rules Footballer)|
|Address:||Gold Coast, Queensland|
|ODI:||13th January 2017 vs Pakistan|
|T20:||17th February 2017 vs Sri Lanka|
|Jersey Number:||#37 (International) and #3 (Domestic)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Queensland, Adelaide Strikers, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Yorkshire County Cricket Club, National Performance Squad..|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
|Career Turning Point|
- His impressive performance in the 2017-18 Big Bash League season which helped him earn a spot in the national team for the tri-series in New Zealand in 2018.
|Hobbies:||Travelling and Playing Football|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Net Worth:||Around $500,000|
|Awards and recognitions|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Stanlake at 6 feet 8 inches is the tallest Australian cricketer after ‘Phil Alley’ who was 6’10.
- Like his father, Stanlake also used to play Australian style football (Rugby). His father played for the ‘Footscray Football Club’ in the ‘Victorian Football League (VFL)’.
- He has been named in the Australian Under 19 team for the Under 19 World Cup twice in the year 2012 and 2014. But, unfortunately, both times he missed the opportunity to represent his side due to a foot injury.
- In the 2014-2015 domestic season, he was offered a contract to play for ‘Queensland’ but a stress fracture in his back sustained him to feature in that season. Soon in the next season, he made his debut for Queensland against Tasmania.
- In the 2017 season of IPL, he made his debut in the IPL for Royal Challengers Bangalore after the franchise spending 30 Lakh on him.
- In the next year of the IPL, he was relieved from RCB and then was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad for a sum of 50 Lakh.
- In the same year, i.e. 2018 he was signed by the Yorkshire Vikings to play in the ‘English Vitality Blast 2018’. But due to some national commitments and injuries, he was forced to not participate in the tournament.