Carlos Ricardo Brathwaite
(West Indies Cricketer)
Like many of his teammates, Carlos Braithwaite is known for his flamboyant style of playing cricket. He is one of the best in the world when it comes to finishing games, as he possesses an incredible ability to hit any ball for six. His heroics in the ICC T20 World Cup 2016 are world renowned. However, one of the biggest assets to his game has been his bowling, making him a gold-dust to any side he wishes to represent.
|Weight (approx.):||120 Kg|
|Date of Birth:||18 July 1988|
|Age (as on 2017):||29 years|
|Birth Place:||Bridgetown, Barbados|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Cancer|
|School:||Combermere School, Barbados|
|Test:||26 December 2015 vs Australia in Melbourne|
|ODI:||18 October 2011 vs Bangladesh in Chittagong|
|T20:||11 October 2011 Bangladesh in Dhaka|
|Jersey Number:||#26 (West Indies)|
#26 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team:||West Indies, Antigua Hawksbills, Barbados, Barbados Tridents, Barbados Under-19s, Combined Campuses and Colleges, Sagicor High Performance Centre, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, West Indies A, Delhi Daredevils|
|Nature on field:||very aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||India and England|
|Favourite Shot:||Pull shot|
- Due to his four consecutive 6’s, West Indies won the 2016 ICC T20 World Cup finals against England.
- In his Test debut in 2015, he scored a tough 59 vs Australia.
- Took 7 for 90 his debut domestic cricket match.
|Career Turning Point|
- Performance in the 2011 domestic season in West Indies.
|Favourite Batsmen:||Rahul Dravid and Kevin Pietersen|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Sylvester Clarke|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Porridge and spaghetti bolognese|
|Favourite Actors/Actresses:||Mark Wahlberg and James Corden/|
Sanaa Lathan and Meagan Good
|Favourite Films:||Jamaican Mafia and The Usual Suspects|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|IPL 11:||2.00 Crore|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Carlos Brathwaite doesn’t smoke but drinks occasionally
- He had a fantastic debut in the West Indies domestic career in 2011 when he took 7 for 90 against Trinidad & Tobago.
- Soon after he got called for the West Indies cricket team, his mother was diagnosed with cancer and she required to go through chemotherapy.
- The Windies required 19 runs in the last over vs England in the 2016 ICC T20 World Cup finals, and it was Braithwaite who stood up to the occasion, smashing four consecutive sixes and clinching the title for his side.
- He idolised Rahul Dravid and Kevin Pietersen.
- He was in once classmates with the famous Pop singer Rihanna in Barbados.