Christopher Rodgers Woakes
Englishman Chris Woakes is one of the finest fast bowlers in the world. He has the ability to adapt with the conditions and read the game exceptionally well. Be it for England or for any franchise he represents, Woakes is known to give it his all, and never leaving a stone unturned. A fiesty bowler with a calm demanour makes him a dangerous prospect to be up against.
|Weight (approx.):||80 kg|
|Date of Birth:||March 2, 1989|
|Age (as on 2018):||29 years|
|Birth Place:||Birmingham, Warwickshire, England|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Pisces|
|College:||Barr Beacon School, Aldridge, England|
|Test:||vs Australia, August 21st 2011 in Sydney|
|ODI:||vs Australia, January 23rd 2011 in Sydney|
|T20:||vs Australia, January 12th 2011 in Sydney|
|Jersey Number:||#19 Royal Challengers Bangalore, England|
|Domestic/State Team:||Royal challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||Austrlaia|
|Career Turning Point|
- He replaced an injured Ben Stokes in a Test match against Sri Lanka, and took 9 wickets in that game.
|Favourite Batsmen:||Rahul Dravid|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Jacques Kallis|
|Favourite Football Team:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||Chris Armstrong, Rory Mcllroy|
|Favourite TV Shows:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Affairs/Girlfriends:||Amie Louise Woakes|
|Wife/Spouse:||Amie Louise Woakes|
|Marriage Date:||Feruary 10th, 2017|
|IPL earnings:||7.4 crore INR ($1,074,400)|
|Awards and recognitions|
- Chris Woakes’s 95 runs against Sri Lanka in 2016, made him the highest run score by a batsman coming in at number 8.
- He also holds the record of being the only Englishman who took 11 wickets against Pakistan in Test.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Woakes started playing cricket at the age of 7.
- He won the Wisden’s Cricketer of the Year award in 2016.