After stunning bowling performances to help the Chennai Super Kings win the IPL 2018, Deepak Chahar was recently earned his International cap against England (India’s tour of England 2018). The fast-bowler was the go-to man for Dhoni-led CSK in IPL 2018, giving his side early wickets and containing batsmen in the powerplay overs. After the exploits on India A’s tour of England following the IPL, Chahar is being considered as one of the new-ball candidates in the limited-over formats.
|Weight (approx.):||75 Kg|
|Date of Birth:||7 August 1992|
|Age (as on 2018):||25 years|
|Birth Place:||Agra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Leo|
|Father:||Lokendra Singh Chahar (Ex-military, Air Force personnel)|
|Mother:||Florence Rabada (Lawyer)|
|Sister:||Malti Chahar (Miss India 2014 Finalist)|
|Brother:||Rahul Chahar (Cricketer)|
|Coach/Mentor:||Navendu tyagi, Amit Asawa|
|Jersey Number:||#90 Chennai Super Kings, #9 Rising Pune Supergiants|
|Domestic/State Team:||Rajasthan, Rajasthan Royals, Rising Pune Supergiants, Chennai Super Kings|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
Career Turning Point
- In 2008, the former director of Rajasthan Cricket Association, Greg Chappell, told Deepak that he cannot succeed in the game on a higher level. Deepak credits that moment for his success.
- Bowling returns of 8/10 on his first-class debut against Hyderabad at Jaipur earned him IPL contract with Rajasthan Royals.
- Strong performances for Chennai Super Kings in 2018 IPL season.
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Home cooked|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|IPL earnings:||INR 80 Lakh (Chennai Super Kings)|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Chahar’s father enrolled him to Zila Cricket Academy in Jaipur at the tender age of 10.
- Chahar’s father gave up his service to pay heed to Deepak’s cricket career. He used to ride with him from Surat to Hanumangarh everyday to ensure Deepak could practice six hours a day.