Eoin Joseph Gerard Morgan
|Weight (approx.):||65 Kg|
|Hair Colour:||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth:||10 September 1986|
|Age (as on 2018):||31 years|
|Birth Place:||Dublin, Ireland|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Virgo|
|School:||Catholic University School, Dublin|
|College:||Dulwich College, London (Dropout)|
|Sister:||Laura Morgan, Gwen Morgan|
|Brother:||Gareth Morgan, Gavin Morgan|
|Test:||27 May 2010 England v Bangladesh|
|ODI:||5 August 2006 Ireland v Scotland|
|T20I:||5 June 2009 England v Netherlands|
|Jersey Number:||#16 (England), #7 (Middlesex CCC)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Middlesex, Royal CHallengers Bangalore, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sydney Thunder, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Peshawar Zalmi, Kings XI Pujab, Barbados Tridents, Karachi Kings|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive batsman|
|Likes to play against:||Australia|
- Morgan was the first cricketer to score a first-class double century for Ireland, with an unbeaten 209 against the United Arab Emirates in February 2007 at Abu Dhab
- Morgan is the first of only two players in history to score an ODI hundred for two nations.
|Career Turning Point:|
- Switching over to England for native nation Ireland
|Hobbies:||Reading, Fishing, Playing Golf|
|Favourite Batsmen:||Brian Lara, Jacques Kallis|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Lord’s Cricket Ground|
|Favourite sports personalities:||Lionel Messi|
|Favourite Films:||Wedding Crashers|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Affairs/Girlfriends:||Brooke Tsakirakis, works on a front desk of a Hobart gym (2009-2010)|
Tara Ridgway (2012-present)
|IPL earnings:||$220,000 (2010, Royal Challengers Bangalore)|
$350,000 (2011, Kolkata Knight Riders)
$150,000 (2015, Sunrisers Hyderabad)
2 crore INR (2017, Kings XI Punjab)
|Awards and recognitions|
Morgan was named among the four Wisden Cricketers of the year in 2011
In 2015, Morgan was blackmail threats from the fiancé of Morgan’s ex-girlfriend, Brooke Tsakirakis. The accused was let off after he offered an apology.
Often, Morgan has been criticised for not singing English National Anthem before the start of any match.
In September, Eoin Morgan refused to tour Bangladesh citing terror concern as his cause of concern was slammed by British media and former players for the same.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Morgan originally represented his native Ireland at international level before switching to play for England in 2009.
- Morgan played Hurling every week in his early teens and credits it to have helped him develop batting skills, particularly reverse sweep.
- Morgan has won three senior cup titles for the school side.
- Morgan was dismissed on 99 on his ODI debut for Ireland against Scotland.
- Morgan is only the fourth player to have represented two different nations at Cricket World Cup.