Kane Stuart Williamson
(New Zealand Cricketer)
The Kiwi skipper Kane Williamson has become one of the stronghold for the national team. Regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world right now, his leadership skills are still underrated. Recently he has started to develop himself into becoming not only a Test or an ODI player but an exceptional T20 player as well. Williamson has every shot in the book, and will be leading the charge to win the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup in 2019.
|Nickname:||Kane and New Zealand’s Don Bradman|
|Weight (approx.):||66 Kg|
|Eye Colour:||light blue|
|Date of Birth:||8 August 1990|
|Age (as on 2017):||27 years|
|Birth Place:||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Leo|
|School:||Tauranga Boys’ College,Tauranga, New Zealand|
|Brother:||Logan Williamson (Younger)|
|Test:||4 November 2010 vs India in Ahmedabad|
|ODI:||10 August 2010 vs India in Dambulla|
|T20:||15 October 2011 vs Zimbabwe in Harare|
|Jersey Number:||#22 (New Zealand)|
#22 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team:||New Zealand, Gloucestershire, Yorkshire, Northern Knights, Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||Australia|
|Favourite Shot:||On drive|
- Test century (131 runs) in his debut Test match vs India in 2010.
- He was part of a record 365 run partnership with wicketkeeper BJ Watling vs Sri Lanka in a Test match in 2014-15.
|Career Turning Point|
- Winning the State Championship in 2007-08 season and Under 19 World Cup semi-final in 2008
|Favourite Batsmen:||Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting and Jacques Kallis|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Shane Bond and Dale Steyn|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Bay Oval|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Actors/Actresses:||Del Metcalfe|
|Favourite Films:||Count of Monte Cristo and Redemption|
|Favourite Musicians/Singers:||Simon Webbe, Colbie and Cat Stevens|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Affairs/Girlfriends:||Sarah Raheem (Nurse)|
|IPL 11:||3.00 Crore|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Kane Williamson doesn’t smoke but occasionally drinks.
- He has a family home near a stunning beach in Mount Maunganui, Tauranga.
- The Kiwi skipper has a twin brother called Logan, who was born just 1 minute after him.
- He was well accomplished in academics when he was at school and was considered one of the brightest students.
- After the 2014 massacre in Pakistan where 32 children were killed by the terrorists in a school in Peshawar, Kane Williamson donated his entire match fees to help the victims.