(West Indies Cricketer)
Kemar Roach is a fast bowler from Barbados who reminds of the West Indies fast bowlers of the yesteryears. His skidy pace and ability to swing the new as well as old ball makes him a difficult bowler to deal with. Roach has been around for around 10 years now and form a strong fast blowing group alongside Shanon Gabriel and Jason Holder.
|Profession/Role:||Right-arm fast bowler|
|Date of Birth:||30 June 1988|
|Age (as on 2018):||30 years|
|Birth Place:||Saint Lucy, Barbados|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:|
|Test:||9 July 2009 vs Bangladesh|
|ODI:||20 August 2008 v Bermuda|
|T20:||20 June 2008|
|Domestic/State Team:||Antigua Hawksbills, Barbados, Brisbane Heat, Deccan Chargers, Jamaica Tallawahs, St Lucia Zouks, Worcestershire|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive bowler|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
|Career Turning Point|
- Strong performances with Sri Lanka’s A team against visiting South Africa A in 2009 earned him national call-up.
- Together with Darren Sammy, Roach set the record for the highest 10th wicket partnership in ICC Champions Trophy history putting together unbroken 51 run stand.
- In April 2012, Roach registered a 10-wicket in a match performance against Australia at Trinidad. He was the first time West Indian to achieve the feat since Corey Collymore in 2005.
|Favourite Batsmen:||Corey Collymore, Alan Richardson|
|Favourite Football Team:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite TV Shows:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Awards and recognitions|
- Lord Gavron Award – 2006
- In March 2012, Roach was fined 50 percent of his match fee for deliberate physical contact with Brett Lee twice in one over.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Playing his first international game in Barbados, Roach bowled a beamer first up. It was followed by a bouncer which Luke Ronchi nicked to the keeper who could not hold on to it.
- In six Tests against, Roach has dismissed Ponting five times. When the bowler earned a Indian Premier League (IPL) contract with Deccan Chargers in 2010, Ponting commented, “He probably owes me a little bit.”
- In April 2014, Roach survived a car crash after his BMW sedan flipped a few times.