(Sri Lankan Cricketer)
If you’re Sanath Jayasuriya fan, you will see a glimpse of the legend in Kusal Perera. Idolizing Jayasuriya, Perera switched his batting stance from a right-handed to a left-handed batsman at the age of 13. Like his idol, he bats aggressively in the top order. For his swashbuckling displays with the bat, Perera has established himself in the limited-over setups for Sri Lanka.
|Nickname:||Kusalaa, Podi (Little) Sana|
|Role:||Left-hand top-order batsman, occasional wicket-keeper|
|Weight (approx.):||68 Kg|
|Date of Birth:||17 August 1990|
|Age (as on 2018):||28 years|
|Birth Place:||Kalubowila, Sri Lanka|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Leo|
|College:||Royal College, Colombo|
|Test:||28 August 2015 vs India|
|ODI:||13 January 2013 vs Australia|
|Jersey Number:||#55 (T20Is for Sri Lanka)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Colts Cricket Club, Rajasthan Royals, Ruhuna, Southern Express, Sri Lanka A, Wayamba|
|Nature on field:||NA|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
|Career Turning Point|
- In 2015, Perera equaled the record (with Sanath Jayasuria) of fastest ODI fifty by a Sri Lankan.
- Kusal Perera is the fastest Sri Lankan to get to 1,000 T20I runs.
|Favourite Batsmen:||Sanath Jayasuriya|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Awards and recognitions|
- In December 2015, Perera was tested positive for a banned substance was called home from the New Zealand tour. Later, he was clear of the charges.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- In his Test debut in 2015 against India, Perera scored a fifty in both the innings.
- Kusal represented Sri Lanka in U-19s.