(Australian Woman Cricketer)
Meghann Moira Lanning also called as Meg Lanning. She is the captain of the Australian women Cricket team, and she thoroughly deserves to be honoured as the captain of the team. Meg selected as ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year in 2015, 2014 and Belinda Clark Award in 2014, 2015, 2017. She scored most number of centuries in Women’s One Day International, and she is the second fastest batswoman to reach 3000 marks in Women’s One Day Internationals. She is the first Australian Cricketer to score 2000 runs in Twenty20 Internationals.
|Meghann Moira Lanning|
|Profession:||Australian Woman Cricketer|
|Date of Birth:||25- March-1992|
|Age (as on 2018):||26|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Aries|
|Test:||11 August 2013 v England|
|ODI:||5 January 2011 v England|
|T20:||30 December 2010 v New Zealand|
|Domestic/State Team:||Victorian Spirit, Melbourne Stars|
|Nature on the field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||England|
|Career Turning Point|
She scored 126 runs from 65 balls in 2014 ICC Women’s World Twenty 20. this is the highest individual innings in women’s interntional.
|Favourite Football Club:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Place on earth:||NA|
|Favourite TV Shows:||NA|
|In International cricket:|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Net Worth:||Not known|
|Awards and recognitions|
- ICC Women’s +Cricketer of the Year 2015
- ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year 2014
- Wisden Leading Woman Cricketer in the world 2015
- Belinda Clark Award: 2014, 2015, 2017
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Lanning scored an unbeaten century for Southern Stars against England in 2011. It was her second appearance for her side.
- At the age of 20, she broke the record of fastest 50 and fastest 100 in an ODI by Australian female cricketer.
- She took the charge of ODI captain of Australian cricket team in 2014.