Mitchell Aaron Starc
Born on 30 January 1990 in New South Wales, Mitchell Starc is one of the fearsome pacers in modern day cricket history. Declared Man of the Tournament in the 2015 Cricket World Cup, Starc was key members of the victorious Australian squad.
Starc became the world’s fastest bowler to clinch 100 ODI wickets in 2016. On August 21, 2016, he took 100 wickets in just 52 innings. The record is currently held by Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan who took only 44 innings to reach the benchmark.
|Nickname:||Starcy, The Mop, Baulkham Hills Express|
|Weight (approx.):||92 Kg|
|Date of Birth:||30 January 1990|
|Age (as on 2017):||28 years|
|Birth Place:||Baulkham Hills, New South Wales,|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Aquarius|
|School:||Homebush Boys High School, Sydney|
|Brother:||Brandon Starc (High-jumper)|
|Test:||vs New Zealand on 1 December 2011|
|ODI:||vs India on 20 October 2010|
|T20:||vs Pakistan on 7 September 2012|
|Domestic/State Team:||New South Wales, Sydney Sixers, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||India, England|
|Favourite Shot/Ball:||Reverse Swing|
- He is the fastest bowler to take (over) 100 ODI wickets (in 52 innings)
- He has the record of hitting the most sixes at the MCG in one inning (7 sixes)
- He is the first bowler to take a hat-trick in each innings of a Sheffield Shield match
|Awards and Recognitions|
- The 2017 Allan Border Medal for the best Test bowler
- He bowled a delivery at 160.4 km/hr in a test match in 2015 against New Zealand
- He was imposed a fine for his inappropriate on-field behavior against K Pollard in an IPL match in 2014
- He faced a fine of $7725 for hurling the ball at Mark Craig in a test match in 2015
|Favourite Batsmen:||Adam Gilchrist|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Glenn McGrath|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Actors/Actresses:||Emma Thompson|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- He was awarded man of the match in just his second international match. He took 4-27 against Sri Lanka at the Gabba in an ODI in 2010.
- Starc was initially a wicketkeeper before becoming a pace bowling sensation.
- He can also bat. In a test against India in 2013, he scored 99 runs.
- Legendary Australian all-rounder Richie Benaud gave Starc his Baggy Green cap which the latter described as overwhelming.
- Starc has huge sweet tooth and loves ice creams and chocolates.
- His younger brother Brandon Starc represented Australia in men’s high jump at Commonwealth Games.