Quinton de Kock
(South African Cricketer)
A talented wicket-keeper batsman who’s fluency is admirable when he is on song especially in the white ball cricket. Born on December 17, 1992, Quinton de Kock is a South African professional cricketer who opens the innings in limited overs cricket and bats no 6 in Test cricket. He is also looked up as a future aspect to captain the proteas which is a big achievement for a player who is in the fifth year of his career as an International cricketer. He is often compared with the Australian legendary wicket-keeper batsman Adam Gilchrist for his talismanic approach and aggressive run-scoring abilities. In the domestic circuit, he has represented the Titans and Highveld Lions in South Africa, whereas, playing in the IPL he has donned the jerseys of three franchise, namely Sunrisers Hyderabad, Delhi Daredevils and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
|Quinton de Kock|
|Weight (approx.):||66 Kg|
|Tattoos:||On his right arm (Full sleeve tattoo of ‘Big Five’)|
|Date of Birth:||17th December 1992|
|Age (as on 2018):||25 years|
|Birth Place:||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Sagittarius|
|School:||King Edward VII School, Johannesburg|
|Father:||Ernest de Kock|
|Sister:||Dalean de Kock (Elder)|
|Address:||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Test:||20 Feb 2014 vs Australia in Port Elizabeth|
|ODI:||13 Jan 2013 vs New Zealand at Paarl|
|T20:||21 Dec 2012 vs New Zealand in Durban|
|Jersey Number:||12 (International, IPL, County)|
|Domestic/State Team:||South Africa Under-19s, Lions, South Africa, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils, Titans, South Africa A, Rangpur Riders|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||India|
|Favourite Shot:||Cover Drive|
- In 2013, he hit 3 consecutive ODI ton against India in South Africa.
- He and Upul Tharanga (Sri Lanka) share the most number of centuries under the age of 21 with 6 centuries, though he has a better batting average then Upul Tharanga.
|Career Turning Point|
- Match winning performance against Mumbai Indians in Champions League T20 2012.
|Favourite Batsmen:||AB de Villiers, Hashim Amla, Chris Gayle, Kumar Sangakkara|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Dale Steyn|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Supersport park, Centurion, South Africa|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Actors / Actresses:||Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson|
|Favourite Tv shows:||NA|
|Favourite CAR:||BMW X5|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Marriage Date:||19 September 2016|
|IPL 11:||2.8 Crore|
- At the home test series against Australia in 2018 he was involved in an ugly spat with the Aussie opener David Warner and it was said that he passed some personal comments on David Warner’s wife during the match.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- He captained the South Africa under19s in the year 2012.
- He shares a joint record with Sir Vivian Richards, Kevin Pietersen, and Jonathan Trot to score the fastest 1000 ODI runs.
- He met her wife Sasha Hurly in one match where she was cheerleading the team (as she was a cheerleader by profession) and she congratulated him after the match after they had social networking interactions and then they started seeing each other for almost 2 years and then finally got married.
- He, Neil McKenzie and former captain Graeme Smith studied from the same school.
- At his young age, he used to be fat and his friends used to call him Tubby Taylor as he had a similar physique to former Australian player Mark Taylor.