Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi
Mohmmad Amir was born and brought up in Punjab, Pakistan. He made his Test debut against Sri Lanka in Galle on 4th July 2009, ODI debut against Srilanka in Dambulla on 30th July 2009 and T20I debut against England in London on 7th June 2009. He is a 25 year old pacer who is at his peak to perform. He was once caught up in spot-fixing and got banned for 5 years from Pakistan Cricket Board then he made his returned to domestic cricket. He has a healthy rivalry with Indian talismanic seasoned opener batsman Rohit Sharma and had a good record against him.
|Nickname:||Boom Boom Afridi and Shah|
|Profession:||Pakistani Cricketer (All-rounder)|
|Weight (approx.):||77 Kg|
|Hair Colour:||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth:||1 March 1980|
|Age (as on 2017):||38 years|
|Birth Place:||Khyber Agency, FATA, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Pisces|
|Father:||Late Sahabzada Fazal-ur-Rehman Afridi|
|Mother:||Not Known (Died)|
|Brother:||Tariq Afridi, Iqbal Afridi, Mushtaq Afridi, Ashfaq Afridi, Shoaib Afridi and Javed Afridi (Cousin)|
|Test:||22 October 1998 vs Australia in Karachi|
|ODI:||2 October 1996 vs Kenya in Nairobi|
|T20I:||28 August 2006 vs England in Bristol|
#10(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team:||ICC World XI, Deccan Chargers, Asia XI, Pakistan, Hampshire, Melbourne Renegades, Dhaka Gladiators, Ruhuna Royals, Pakistan All Star XI, Knights, Rest of the World XI, Northamptonshire, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, Sylhet Super Stars, Peshawar Zalmi|
|Nature on field:||Very Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||India|
|Favourite Shot/Ball:||Hit over mid-wicket/Googly|
- He holds the record for the 3rd fastest century in One Day International.
- He has been selected a the man of the match 32 times, the most by a Pakistani.
- He has 44 ducks in ODIs,Test and T20’s.
|Career Turning Point|
- In his 2nd ODI match against Sri Lanka in 1996, he scored a 37-ball century.
|Hobbies:||Driving and listening music|
|Favourite Batsmen:||Javed Miandad, Chris Gayle|
|Bowler:||Wasim Akram, Imran Khan|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Kebabs, chicken biryani, kheer and ice-cream|
|Favourite Actors:||Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Films/TV Show:||Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Net Worth:||PKR 4.3 billion (US$41 million)|
|Awards and recognitions|
- He was banned for 2 ODIs and a Test match in 2005, after video cameras caught him for intentionally scrapping the pitch with the studs in a Test match against the Englishmen.
- During the 3rd ODI against Pakistan at Kanpur in 2007, he had a heated conversation with Gautam Gambhir.
- In an interview he said the squad had been selected without his consultation in 2010, after that PCB gave him an official warning.
- He was captured on camera for pushing a fan at the Karachi Airport after winning the Asia cup in 2012 while he was returning from Dhaka.
- Once Shoaib Akhtar said he hit Mohammed Asif with a bat because Afridi provoked him to do so.
- He posted a controversial tweet to UN to interfere in the Kashmir which is occupied by india and take measures to prevent the killing of “innocents.”
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Smoke: Not Known
- Alcohol: Not Known
- Afridi started his career by replacing Mushtaq ahmed in Sameer cup in 1996-97.
- Shahid used Tendulkar’s bat to score the world’s 3rd fastest ODI century in 37 balls against Sri Lanka in Nairobi in 1996.
- He took 5 wickets by conceding 52 runs against Australia in his Test Debut in 1998.
- His cousin brother Javed Afridi is the CEO of a mobile company in Pakistan.
- During the 3rd ODI against Pakistan at Kanpur in 2007, he had a heated conversation with Gambhir.
- He has a charity foundation named Shahid Afridi Foundation
- He captained Pakistan in limited overs format from 2009 to 2011
- Shahid announced his retirement from international cricket as a protest against the PCB chairman, and later on he came back after the charman was replaced.
- His family owns a Toyota Showroom in Karchi.
- Shahid is the slowest batsman to reach 7000 runs in about 316 innings.
- Shahid has the worst batting average of 23.31 among 87 batsmen who made more than 4000 ODI runs.