Smriti Shriniwas Mandhana
What could have been a glorious career in the medical science if only Smriti Mandhana followed the same footsteps that millions before him walked on to but she begged to differ. She casually signed up for cricket trials when she was only nine years old and soon she fast-tracked to the Maharashtra Under 19 team. Within four years she was picked up to the senior team.
By the time she was 20, she had already got a world cup century, another one in Australia a double ton in domestic one-day competition and also became second Indian cricketer to play in a foreign T20 league. Even on her domestic stage debut in India, she scored a stunning 155 against Saurashtra.
However, she could have achieved a lot more than what she did but her failure to deliver in two consecutive World T20 editions raised many questions on her batting style but she came back with a bang in the 2017 World Cup with two entertaining innings after missing out on cricket for five months because of an injury.
|Profession:||Indian Cricketer (Batswoman)|
|Height (approx.):||163 cm|
|Weight (approx.):||55 Kg|
|Date of Birth:||July 18, 1996|
|Age (as on 2017):||21 years|
|Birth Place:||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Cancer|
|Educational Qualifications:||Not Known|
|Test:||August 13, 2014 against England in Wormsley|
|ODI:||April 10, 2013 against Bangladesh in Ahmedabad|
|T20I:||April 5, 2013 against Bangladesh in Vadodara|
|Jersey Number:||#18 (India)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Brisbane Heat Women|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||Australia|
|Favourite Shot/Ball:||Not Known|
- Smriti Mandhana is the first Indian cricketer to score a double ton in a One Day game. Her innings of 224 runs off 150 balls against Gujarat in the West Zone Under 19 Tournament.
- Smriti Mandhana was also highest run scorer in the Women’s Challenger Trophy 2016 with 192 runs
- Not known
|Hobbies:||Listening to music|
|Favourite Batsmen:||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Not Known|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite TV Show:||NA|
|Boyfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Smriti Mandhana first got her international break in April 2013 when she was first selected by the management backing her up was her destructive batting and her records in domestic games
- Smriti Mandhana belongs to a family of cricketers and his brother, Sharavan Mandhana, former state level cricketer still bowls her in the nets
- Smriti got her first selection when she was just nine for Maharashtra’s Under 15 district team
- She got her Under 19 break for Maharashtra while she was just 11 years old
- In September 2016, Smriti Mandhana was one of the two Indians to have signed for Women’s Big Bash League by Brisbane Heat. the other player was Harmanpreet Kaur.