Steven Peter Devereux Smith
|Nickname:||Schmidt, Smudge, Smithy, God|
|Height (approx.):||5’ 9”|
|Weight (approx.):||78 Kg|
|Eye Colour:||Light Blue|
|Date of Birth:||2 June 1989|
|Age (as on 2018):||28 years|
|Birth Place:||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Gemini|
|School:||Alfords Point Primary School|
Menai High School, Sutherland Shire
|Educational Qualifications:||High school dropout|
|Sister:||Kristie Smith (Elder)|
|Brother:||Saly Samson (Younger)|
|Test:||13 July 2010 vs Pakistan at Lord’s|
|ODI:||19 February 2010 vs West Indies at Melbourne|
|T20:||5 February 2010 vs Pakistan at Melbourne|
|Jersey Number:||#49 (Australia)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Antigua Hawksbills, New South Wales, Pune Warriors, Rajasthan Royals, Rising Pune Supergiants, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sutherland, Sydney Sixers, Worcestershire|
|Nature on field:|
|Likes to play against:||India, England|
|Favourite Shot:||Flick shot|
|Records (main ones)|
- Smith was the second highest wicket-taker of ICC World Cup T20 2010.
- He scored back-to-back three centuries in his first test series as a captain against West Indies
- Smith sets the record of most runs (769) by an individual in 2014–15 Border-Gavaskar Trophy Test Series.
- there was a controversy created when he took a catch of Pakistani batsman Fawad Alam in slips but later it was declared a fair catch.
- Sandpaper gate, when Cameroon Bancroft caught on camera damaging the ball against South Africa, he was the captain of the team and told him to do so. In this ball tampering issue, He, David Warner and Cameroon Bancroft was banned by the Cricket Australia.
|Career Turning Point|
- Smith had a first-class batting average of 50+, and a bowling average of 45+ which was perked up by Shane Warne in 2009-2010 season.
|Favourite Batsmen:||Ricky Ponting|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Shane Warne|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||Roger Federer|
|Favourite Restaurant:||Clovelly Hotel in Sydney|
|Favourite Food:||Chicken Schnitzel, Acai|
|Favourite Films:||Home Alone 2: Lost in New York|
|TV Shows:||Las Vegas, CSI, Two and a Half Men, One Tree Hill|
|Favourite Musicians/Singers:||Florence + The Machine, Little Birdy, Vampire Weekend, La Roux, The Killers|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Net Worth:||$9 Million (AUD)|
|Retainer Fee:||$1.12 million (AUD)|
|Test Fee:||$14,000 (AUD)|
|ODI Fee:||$7,000 (AUD)|
|T20 Fee:||$5,000 (AUD)|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- There is no information about his smoking habits.
- He drinks alcohol.
- His father is from Australia but his mother is from England.
- He improved his batting and became all-rounder, but initially he started playing cricket as spin bowler.
- Smith was the leading wicket-taker at the 2008 Big Bash tournament.
- He won the prominent Allan Border Medal in 2015.
- He was awarded with the ICC Player of the Year and ICC Test Player of the Year in 2015.
- He loves horse racing and owns a share in 4 racehorses.
- His pet name his Charlie, he is a dog.