Undoubtedly the greatest batsman of this era Virat Kohli is an impeccable cricketer for whom run scoring is almost a cake walk. Every time he walks into the field with his cricketing gear on he looks determined and focused. The hunger to be the greatest of all time and the best batsman in the world makes him even more special as he is always thriving for more. The current Indian captain is ranked as the numero uno batsman in 50 overs format and number 2 in the Test format. He has been a holder of a unique record which states that he is the only batsman in the world to average above 50 in all the three formats of the game at the same time. His sheer dominance in every form of cricket is something worth watching and the Delhi boy is always looking to better his performance with every game he plays.
|Height (approx.):||175 cm|
|Weight (approx.):||72 kg|
|Eye Colour:||Dark Brown|
|Tattoos:||On his arms|
|Date of Birth:||5th November 1988|
|Age (as on 2017):||29 years|
|Birth Place:||New Delhi (India)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Scorpio|
|School:||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi|
Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
|Educational Qualifications:||12th Standard|
|Father:||Late Prem Kohli|
|Sister:||Bhawna Kohli (Elder)|
|Brother:||Vikas Kohli (Elder)|
Raj Kumar Sharma
|Address:||DLF City Phase-1, Block-c, Gurugram (Haryana)|
|Test:||20 Jun 2011 vs West Indies at Kingston|
|ODI:||18 Aug 2008 vs Sri Lanka at Dambulla|
|T20:||12 Jun 2010 vs Zimbabwe at Harare|
|Jersey Number:||#18 (International, IPL)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Delhi, India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||Australia and Pakistan|
|Favourite Shot:||Cover Drive|
|Career Turning Point|
- When he led the 2008 campaign of India Under 19 to its glory.
- Third Indian to make 2 ODI hundreds after Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina by the age of 22.
- First Indian to score a ton on World Cup debut in the year 2011
- Fastest Indian to complete 100, 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 runs in ODI’s.
- Fastest century by an Indian off 52 balls against Australia.
- Fastest to reach 7500 ODI runs in the world.
- Fastest to score 25 ODI tons.
- Third to score 3 double hundreds in Test cricket in a year after Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting.
- 4 double hundreds in tests along with Graeme Smith, Dion Bradman and Michael Clarke.
- First Indian skipper to register 9 test wins in a calendar year.
- First Indian captain to register 5 test series win on the trot.
- Second Indian to aggregate 1000 test runs after Rahul Dravid.
- First Indian captain to score a double century in an overseas test.
- Most hundreds (4) and most runs in a single edition in IPL (973 runs in IPL 2016).
- Highest Individual score by an Indian skipper in test- 235 vs Sri Lanka.
|Hobbies:||Workout, Travelling, Singing, Dancing etc.|
|Likes:||Watching Roger Federer play, besides Cricket he loves to play Football and Tennis, Loves to drive cars, having Sushi(meal), catching up with old friends etc.|
|Dislikes:||Does not like to sit idle for a long period of time, don’t like too many guests at home.|
|Favourite Batsmen:||Herschelle Gibbs, Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, Joe Root.|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Shane Warne|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
|Favourite Cricket Commentator:||Harsha Bhogle|
|Favourite Food:||Solomon, Sushi, Lamb Chops|
|Favourite Actors/Actresses:||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. /Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
|Bollywood:||Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander, Ishq, 3 Idiots, Border,|
|Hollywood:||Rocky4, Iron Man, Southpaw|
|Favourite Musicians/Singers:||Asrar, Eminem|
|Favourite TV Shows:||Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad|
|Favourite Car:||Aston Martin|
|Favourite Book:||Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda|
|Cars Collection:||Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Affairs/Girlfriends:||Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress, rumour), Sanjana (Model, rumour), Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress, rumour), Izabelle Leite (Brazilian Model, rumour), Anushka Sharma (Actress)|
|Marriage Date:||11th December 2017|
|Retainer Fee:||Rs. 7 crore|
|Test Fee:||Rs. 15 lakh|
|ODI Fee:||Rs. 6 lakh|
|T20 Fee:||Rs. 3 lakh|
|IPL 11:||Rs. 17 Crore|
|Net Worth:||Rs. 400 Crore|
- In the year 2011, when Kohli first toured to Australia, he showed his middle finger to the crowd in Sydney after the crowd abused him while he was fielding near the boundary line.
- The very famous incident took place in the year 2013 during the IPL. He was captaining the Royal Challengers Bangalore side and was up against Gautam Gambhir’s Kolkata Knight Riders. After Kohli was dismissed he got involved in an ugly spat with his then Indian side teammate Gautam Gambhir. The two Delhi lads were involved in some rough talks until Rajat Bhatia came and intervened.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Since the age of 3, Virat was fascinated towards cricket.
- His nickname ‘Chikoo’ was given by his Delhi State coach Ajit Chaudhary in his childhood days.
- In 2003, his coach Raj Kumar Sharma had invited Ashish Nehra to his academy, where he awarded young Kohli as he was the highest run-scorer for Delhi in the 2002-2003 Polly Umrigar Trophy, with 172 runs at an average of 34.40.
- In 2006, his father died of a brain stroke, but the very next day after his father’s death, he played a match-saving knock for Delhi against Karnataka, where he scored 90 runs
- In 2012, he was named as one of the 10 best dressed international men. He was given the Arjuna Award (2013) and Padma Shri Award (2017) by the Government of India.
- The same year, he was appointed the first brand ambassador of Border Security Force (BSF).
- He owns a restaurant in Delhi called ‘ Nueva.’