Yuzvendra Singh Chahal
Yuzvendra Singh Chahal is an emerging Indian leg-spinner who is a permanent member of the Indian limited overs contingent and one of the prime spinners in the set up along with left-arm chinaman Kuldeep Yadav. After impressing in the 2015 and 2016 editions IPL he got a call to represent India in both T20 and ODI series against Zimbabwe in an away series. He had a decenty show in that series but his best performance came in a home series against England which was also the first assignment for Virat Kohli as the regular skipper of the side. Chahal ended up with match figures of 6 for 25 from just 4 overs in the third T20I of the series which helped India to clinch the three-match series 2-1 and in the process, he also became the first ever Indian bowler to pick up a five-wicket haul in T20Is and the figures were the third-best bowling figures in International T20s.
|Profession:||Indian Cricketer (Bowler)|
|Height (approx.):||168 cm|
|Weight (approx.):||62 kg|
|Date of Birth:||23rd July 1990|
|Age (as on 2017):||27 years|
|Birth Place:||Jind, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Leo|
|School:||DAV Public School, Jind|
|College:||Mahatma Gandhi College of Health Science, Haryana|
|Father:||K.K Chahal (Advocate)|
|Mother:||Sunita Devi (House wife)|
|Sister:||2 (Both Elder)|
|Address:||Jind, Haryana, India|
|ODI:||11th June 2016 vs Zimbabwe at Harare|
|T20:||18th June 2016 vs Zimbabwe at Harare|
|Jersey Number:||#3 (International, IPL, County)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Haryana, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||Australia|
|Career Turning Point|
- He became the highest wicket taker for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the year 2017.
- His best figures in T20 international are 6/25 against England at his IPL home ground Bangalore. This is the third best bowling figure in T20I and best for India.
- First Indian bowler to scalp five wickets in an Innings in T20I’s.
|Hobbies:||Playing Chess, Travelling and Photography|
|Favourite Batsmen:||Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Kevin Pietersen|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Shane Warne|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Butter Chicken and Rajma-Chawal|
|Favourite Actors/Actresses:||NA/Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Destination:||Maldives, Greece, Paris|
|Cars Collection:||BMW 3 Series|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Affairs/Girlfriends:||Tanishka Kapoor (rumour)|
|Test Fee:||Rs 15 Lakh|
|ODI Fee:||Rs 6 Lakh|
|T20 Fee:||Rs 3 Lakh|
|IPL 11:||Rs. 6 Crore|
|Net Worth:||Estimated Rs 15-16 Crore|
|Awards and recognitions|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- His friends used to call him single haddi (bone) because of his thin appearance.
- He used to be a fast bowler at the initial stage of his career, later he turned his focus to leg spin bowling.
- He is the only Indian to represent his country in both Chess and Cricket at the national level.
- He developed an interest in Chess and cricket at the tender age of 7.
- He is the Indian National junior chess champion (U-12).
- He didn’t get sponsors for chess thus, he changed his focus into cricket and dropped the plan of pursuing chess as a career.
- He idolizes Shane Warne.
- According to him, playing chess helps him to keep his composure calm, be more patient and makes him able to read batsmen mind.