SA vs AUS 3rd Test Cape Town Dream 11 Match Prediction Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Mar 22, 2018 12:40 pm IST
South Africa v Australia Match Prediction Tips | Who will win Today’s Match
3rd Test at Newlands, Cape Town Match Preview
Thursday, March 22, 2:00 PM IST
After a great deal of off-field Rabada-Smith drama, South Africa and Australia are all set to play the third Test at Newlands in Cape Town. The hosts have breathed a sigh of relief after Kagiso Rabada, the top-ranked bowler in the world, was given clean chit to play the third test.
Kagiso Rabada delivered a Man-of-the-Match performance in Port Elizabeth, accounting 11/150 across two innings to help the hosts level the series 1-1 with a six-wicket win. AB de Villiers was the other star performer in the last Test.
Speaking of the wicket, the venue has been a South African stronghold for long. It is expected to be a green-top with assistance for the quicker bowlers.
South Africa Team News
- Lungi Ngidi has a toe problem. Duanne Olivier and all-rounder Chris Morris have been called as reinforcements, although it is unlikely of any of the two to feature here.
- Morne Morkel, who was on the sidelines in the last game, is likely to slot in given it’s a fast, green top.
- Middle-order batsman Temba Bavuma has recovered from a broken finger. He can slot in for Theunis de Bruyn.
Hashim Amla, AB de Villiers, Vernon Philander, Dean Elgar, Faf du Plessis (c), Theunis de Bruyn/ Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock (wk), Aiden Markram, Kagiso Rabada, Lungisani Ngidi/ Morne Morkel, Keshav Maharaj
Australia Team News
- There were reports of Mitchell Starc nursing a sore calf and Mitchell Marsh struggling with a groin strain. However, both are training with the team and are expected to be match fit.
- Australia have named an unchanged XI for the fixture.
Steve Smith (c), Nathan Lyon, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Marsh, Cameron Bancroft, Josh Hazlewood
Prediction Guru Key players
South Africa: AB de Villiers has been the stand out batsman in the series. Rabada, who picked up his fourth career ten-wicket haul in the second Test, is the in-form bowler for the Proteas.
Australia: Steve Smith had a quiet series so far, with only one 50+ score to show for, but can’t be written off. David Warner, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood are other who can have a big impact on this match.
Dream 11 Expert Today’s Match Prediction
It is a pressure game between the two evenly matched sides. The momentum is with the hosts, but for sure the tourists won’t sit quietly.
Note: This SA vs AUS match preview is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above.
SA vs AUS Dream 11 Fantasy Team
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update. Also, hit the bell icon on the bottom right side of your screen to get all the latest news and updates.