AFG vs IRE Today Match Prediction for T20 World Cup 2022 – Who Will Win Afghanistan vs Ireland?
Updated on: Oct 27, 2022 1:44 pm IST
AFG vs IRE Today Match Prediction: After the miraculous win against England, Ireland will take on Afghanistan in what will be their 3rd match of the T20 World Cup. Ireland has lost one and won one match so far in the Super 12s, whereas the Afghans are yet to win a match in this tournament. Ireland will fancy themselves to get the better of Afghans on the back of their win against England at this same venue. Both these full member nations are expected to win some matches in the Super 12s and hence this match between themselves is a perfect opportunity for both of them to stamp an authority over each other in the points table. Let’s see who among these comes on top for this encounter.
AFG vs IRE Match Details
Fixture Name: Afghanistan vs Ireland, 25th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Competition: T20 World Cup 2022
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Date and Time: October 28, 09:30 AM IST
Telecast & Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
AFG vs IRE Pitch Report
The surface in MCG is a balanced pitch. Teams are most likely to opt to chase at this venue after winning the toss.147 is the average score at this venue with the average first innings score is around 146. So, anything above the 160-165 run mark could prove to be a winning total at this venue.
Ireland- W L W W L
Afghanistan- L L L L W
AFG vs IRE Probable Playing XIs
Paul Stirling, Andy Balbirnie(c), Lorcan Tucker(wk), Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Gareth Delany, Mark Adair, Fionn Hand, Barry McCarthy, Josh Little
Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz(wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Usman Ghani, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi (c), Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Fareed Ahmad Malik
AFG vs IRE Probable Top Performers
Probable Best Batter
The Irish veteran is probably the most experienced batter taking the field tomorrow for this match. He is a beast when it comes to T20 cricket and is a decent player of spin as well. Ireland would wish him to have a good game so that they could stand up against the mighty Afghan spin bowling.
PAUL STIRLING Stats in T20Is
|Matches||Runs||Average||Strike Rate||Recent Form|
|112||3057||29.67||134.73||14(8), 34(25), 66(48), 8(10), 0(2)|
Probable Best Bowler
Without a shadow of a doubt, Rashid Khan is the bowler to put your money on in this encounter. Even at a young age, he has found a place amongst the T20 greats. The Irish batters will be vary of his threat and is expected to be cautious in his four overs.
Rashid Khan Stats in T20Is
|70||116||14.25||6.22||1/17, 0/33, 2/25, 1/39, 3/22|
AFG vs IRE Prediction- Who Will Win Today’s Match Between AFGHANISTAN and Ireland
- Irish batting which is packed with power hitters is quite volatile. They can win you matches on their day, and on the other days, they could tumble like a pack of cards.
- Historically Irish batters have been quite poor in handling spin.
- Afghanistan’s batting is heavily dependent on Gurbaz, Zazai, and Ibrahim Zadran alone. Everyone except their openers are quite conservative in their approach and that style is not suited for T20 cricket.
- Joshua Little has been in fine form and he will be key to Ireland’s chances in this match.
- Whereas in the spin bowling department, Aghanistan has probably the best spin unit in the competition.
- The outcome of the match will be dependent on how well Irish batsmen tackle the 10-12 overs of spin from Afghanistan.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other in a T20I match, Ireland defeated Afghanistan by 7 wickets.
AFG vs IRE in T20Is (In the last 2 years)
|Matches Played||IRE Won||AFG Won|