Today Match Prediction AUS vs SA, 1st ODI
After the infamous Newland meltdown, Australia will be up against South Africa once again to play in 3 ODI and a lone T20 series. After an intense period of brooding, public humiliation, change in captaincy across formats, Australia will be welcoming the Proteas to dawn a new beginning in the rivalry.
When: 04th November, 08:50 AM IST
Where: Perth Stadium, Perth
South Africa speedster Dale Steyn has warned his side that Australia even without the services of the banned duo of Steve Smith and David Warner are still evenly matched with the Proteas. He believes that the current crop of players Australia have can possess an even challenge for the Proteas, especially at home.
Australia have had a torrid 18 months as they have managed only a solitary win in their last 10 ODI encounters in this span. Expulsion of David Warner and Steve Smith isn’t the only reason of their downfall as 5 of those losses came in their presence when Steve Smith was leading Australia.
"We weren’t able to build partnerships and you won’t post a big score without partnerships." – Aiden Markram
South Africa's tour of Australia got off to a less than ideal start yesterday.
— ICC (@ICC) November 1, 2018
Meanwhile, South Africa came prepared and confident in the series after bumping Zimbabwe at home in both T20’s and ODIs were shattered in their practice game against Prime Ministers XI by 4 wickets. The batsmen were not able to score enough runs as they were bundled out for 173 in 42 overs which was chased down easily in the end by PM XI batsmen inside 37 overs.
- Australia have once again named a new captain in Aaron Finch and sacked ex-skipper Tim Paine from the one-day squad.
- Finch sustained an injury in his finger during a practice session, but he has been cleared to feature in this game.
- South Africa will be without the services of seasoned campaigners Hashim Amla and JP Duminy who are nursing injuries.
The two squads
Australia: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins, Alex Carey (wk), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Marcus Stoinis, Travis Head, Chris Lynn, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, D’Arcy Short.
South Africa: Faf du Plessis (c), Farhaan Behardien, Lungi Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Reeza Hendricks, David Miller, Quinton de Kock(wk), Imran Tahir, Dwaine Pretorius, Heinrich Klaasen, Tabraiz Shamsi, Dale Steyn, Aiden Markram, Chris Morris, Kagiso Rabada.
The Aussies under the leadership of Steve Smith were thrashed 0-5 two years back when they travelled to South Africa which was also their first ever five-match bilateral series whitewash.
Recent Form (Last 10 ODIs)
South Africa: WWWLLWWWLL
So, who will win the match between Australia and South Africa, let us dive into the match predictions and betting odds from the match AUS vs SA?
Also Read: AUS vs SA 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction
AUS vs SA WHO WILL WIN?
- According to the predictions made by Bet365, odds in favour of Australia winning the game are 8/13 while for South Africa winning the match are 13/10.
- According to the predictions made by Betfair, odds in favour of Australia winning the game are 4/6 while for South Africa winning the match are 6/5.
As per the betting odds, South Africa are favourites to win this fixture.