AUS vs SL Today Match Prediction for T20 World Cup 2022 – Who Will Win Australia vs Sri Lanka?
Updated on: Oct 25, 2022 3:55 am IST
AUS vs SL Today Match Prediction: After being smashed right and left by their neighbours, New Zealand in the opening match of the Super 12’s, the defending champions will once again take the field today against Sri Lanka. This is a very important match for both teams so as to make their cases stronger for a top-two finish in this group of death. Sri Lanka had a convincing win over Ireland in their first match and will be keen to carry on with that momentum for the rest of the tournament. Let’s see which of these island nations has the better chance to come on top in Match 19 of the ICC T20 World Cup.
AUS vs SL Match Details
Fixture Name: Australia vs Sri Lanka, 19th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Competition: T20 World Cup 2022
Venue: Perth Stadium, Perth
Date and Time: October 25, 04:30 PM IST
Telecast & Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
AUS vs SL Pitch Report
The surface in Perth is a balanced pitch. Teams are most likely to opt to bowl first at this venue after winning the toss.141 is the average score at this venue with the average first innings score being around 142. So, anything above the 160-run mark could prove to be a winning total at this venue.
Australia- L NR L L W
Sri Lanka- W W W L W
AUS vs SL Probable Playing XIs
David Warner, Aaron Finch(c), Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Matthew Wade(wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Lahiru Kumara, Maheesh Theekshana, Binura Fernando
AUS vs SL Probable Top Performers
Probable Best Batter
The swashbuckling southpaw was the player of the tournament in the last T20 World Cup. He has an incredible record on home turf and is expected to be the anchor in this Australian line-up, otherwise filled with power hitters. If Australia is to get to a competitive total, he must bat through the innings, and for that reason, he could well be the top scorer for this match.
David Warner Stats in T20Is
|Matches||Runs||Average||Strike Rate||Recent Form|
|94||2820||33.91||142.38||5(6), 4(11), 73(44), 75(41), 14(6)|
Probable Best Bowler
Without a shadow of a doubt, Wanindu Hasaranga is the bowler to put your money on in this encounter. He is the leading wicket-taker so far in this tournament.
Wanindu Hasaranga Stats in T20 WC 2022
|4||9||9.78||5.35||2/25, 3/28, 3/8, 1/27|
AUS vs SL Prediction- Who Will Win Today’s Match Between AUSTRALIA And SRI LANKA
- On the batting front, both teams are quite strong. Australian batters are more experienced, whereas, in terms of current form, Sri Lankan batters clicks often more.
- Sri Lankan openers have been in fine form lately, and it could be a huge miss for Sri Lanka if Pathum Nissanka misses this match as well.
- On the bowling front, both teams are evenly balanced with Sri Lanka having better spinners.
- Aussie batters except Warner and Maxwell are not good players of spin. The final outcome of the match will depend on how the Australian batters tackle the 8 overs of Theekshana and Hasaranga. But the fact that the match is being played in a pace-friendly Perth may benefit the Aussies.
- The trio of Starc, Cummins, and Hazlewood has an outstanding record in Australia, and is no match to the Sri Lankan pace battery who are without Chameera.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other in a T20I match, Sri Lanka defeated Australia by 5 wickets.
AUS vs SL in T20Is (In the last 2 years)
|Matches Played||AUS Won||SL Won|