ENG vs SL Today Match Prediction for T20 World Cup 2022 – Who Will Win England vs Sri Lanka?
Updated on: Nov 4, 2022 9:22 pm IST
ENG vs SL Today Match Prediction: England will take on Sri Lanka in match 39 of the ICC T20 World Cup. England needs to win this match at any cost to qualify for the playoffs. Also, they will be keen to keep their net run rate above Australia, who are on the same points. Hence this match is a virtual knockout for both teams. Let’s see if Sri Lanka can prevent England from making it to the semi-finals.
ENG vs SL Match Details
Fixture Name: England vs Sri Lanka, 39th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Competition: T20 World Cup 2022
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
Date and Time: November 5, 01:30 PM IST
Telecast & Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
ENG vs SL Pitch Report
The surface in SCG is a balanced pitch. Teams are most likely to opt to bat first at this venue after winning the toss.151 is the average score at this venue with the average first innings score moving up to 183. So, anything above the 180-run mark could prove to be a winning total at this venue.
England- W NR L W NR
Sri Lanka- W L L W W
ENG vs SL Probable Playing XIs
Jos Buttler (c&wk), Alex Hales, Ben Stokes, Dawid Malan, Harry Brook, Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Pramod Madushan, Lahiru Kumara, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha
ENG vs SL Probable Top Performers
Probable Best Batter
Mendis has been a strong force for Sri Lanka at the top of the batting order. He is amongst the leading run-scorer in this tournament and is at the best of his forms.
Kusal Mendis Stats in T20Is
|Matches||Runs||Average||Strike Rate||Recent Form|
|48||1101||22.57||130.97||25(27), 4(3), 5(6), 68(43), 79(44), 18(13)|
Probable Best Bowler
The express pacer was breathing fire in the matches that he played. He is consistently taking 2-3 wickets per match. His brute pace and subtle variations may prove to be the difference in this match.
MARK WOOD Stats in T20Is
|24||39||20.11||8.22||1/25, 3/34, 2/23, 3/34, 3/20, 3/24|
ENG vs SL Prediction- Who Will Win Today’s Match Between ENGLAND AND SRI LANKA
- On the batting front, England is fairly balanced with a plethora of attacking batters surrounding Malan.
- But the English batters haven’t clicked together as a unit and hence they would want to make some adjustments in their approach in their match against Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lankan openers have been in fine form lately, with Kusal Mendis being the leading run-scorer so far.
- Hasaranga and Theekshana have been brilliant for Sri Lanka so far. The outcome of the match will depend on how well the English batters can tackle the Lankan spin.
- In Wood, Curran and Woakes England have an in-form pace attack.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other in a T20I match, England defeated Sri Lanka by 26 runs.
ENG vs SL in T20Is (Last 2 Years)
|Matches Played||ENG Won||SL Won|