NZ vs PAK Today Match Prediction for T20 World Cup 2022 – Who Will Win New Zealand vs Pakistan?
Updated on: Nov 8, 2022 2:41 am IST
NZ vs PAK Today Match Prediction: The much-awaited semi-finals of the T20 World Cup is finally here. In the 1st Semi-Final to be held in Sydney, table toppers of Group 1, New Zealand will take on Pakistan, who qualified at the last moment courtesy of the Netherlands’ upset over South Africa. New Zealand has been the most dominant team in this T20 World Cup so far. Their only loss in this tournament came against England. Pakistan on the other hand had a shaky start to the tournament, losing out to arch-rivals India and Zimbabwe in their first two matches. But they peaked at the right time and defeated South Africa and Bangladesh to book their place in the semis. Now as these two champion sides march out to take the field for the 1st Semi-Final, let’s see, who will get the pass to the finals.
NZ vs PAK Match Details
Fixture Name: New Zealand vs Pakistan, 1st Semi-Final
Competition: T20 World Cup 2022
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
Date and Time: November 9, 01:30 PM IST
Telecast & Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
NZ vs PAK Pitch Report
The surface in SCG is a batting pitch. Teams are most likely to opt to bat first at this venue after winning the toss.145 is the average score at this venue with the average first innings score moving up to 175. So, anything above the 180-run mark could prove to be a winning total at this venue.
Pakistan- W W W L L
New Zealand- W L W NR W
NZ vs PAK Probable Playing XIs
Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Rizwan(wk), Mohammad Haris, Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim jr, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf
Finn Allen, Devon Conway(wk), Kane Williamson(c), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult
NZ vs PAK Probable Top Performers
Probable Best Batter
He has been the best batter for New Zealand in this T20 World Cup. Coming into bat at number 4, he has scored 195 runs in this tournament with an outstanding strike rate of over 163. He has been finishing the innings as well as stitching important partnerships for the team when needed. He is the batter to look forward to in this match.
Glenn Phillips Stats (in This T20 World Cup)
|17(9), 62(36), 104(64), 12(10), 29(22)
Probable Best Bowler
Having played in the Big Bash, Haris Rauf knows more about the Australian conditions than any other bowler playing tomorrow. He has the ability to run through this Kiwi batting order with his brute pace.
HARIS RAUF T20 STATS in AUSTRALIA
|1/21, 1/44, 1/10, 1/12, 2/36
NZ vs PAK Prediction- Who Will Win Today’s Match Between NEW ZEALAND and PAKISTAN
- New Zealand’s batting is well-suited for the T20 format. All their batters have the ability to switch gears when needed. Glenn Philips, Devon Conway, and Finn Allen are in terrific form at the moment.
- Whereas Pakistan batters, especially their openers are following the age-old method of batting throughout the innings with a low strike rate. Even though the addition of Mohammad Harris has brought some fresh air to their batting, the openers need to follow him, for them to get to a match-winning total.
- On the pace bowling department, both sides are evenly matched with Pakistani pacers leading in pace, and Kiwi pacers leading in skill.
- In the spin department, Shadab has been bowling well for Pakistan, whereas for New Zealand, both Sodhi and Santner have been brilliant as usual.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other in a T20I match, Pakistan defeated New Zealand by 5 wickets.
NZ vs PAK in T20Is (Last 2 Years)