NZ vs SL Today Match Prediction for T20 World Cup 2022 – Who Will Win New Zealand vs Sri Lanka?
Updated on: Oct 28, 2022 8:14 pm IST
NZ vs SL Today Match Prediction: With rain playing spoilsport and with Ireland defeating England, Group 1 has become more interesting. The fate of most of the teams in that group will now mostly depend on the net run rate. Two teams that have destiny on their hands are Sri Lanka and New Zealand. If they can win a majority of their remaining games, they need not depend on NRR to qualify. To start that race, they will face themselves in what could be a virtual Qualifier into the Semis. Both teams have won one game so far. Sri Lanka lost to Australia whereas New Zealand’s clash against Afghanistan was washed out due to rain. So they will be keen to get two more points under their belt to keep themselves ahead of the race in Group 1. Let’s see who comes up on top in this encounter.
NZ vs SL Match Details
Fixture Name: New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 27th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Competition: T20 World Cup 2022
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Date and Time: October 29, 01:30 PM IST
Telecast & Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
NZ vs SL Pitch Report
The surface in SCG is a batting pitch. Teams are most likely to opt to chase at this venue after winning the toss.160 is the average score at this venue with the average first innings score moving up to 187. So, anything above the 180-run mark could prove to be a winning total at this venue.
New Zealand- NR W L W W
Sri Lanka- L W W W L
NZ vs SL Probable Playing XIs
Finn Allen, Devon Conway(wk), Kane Williamson(c), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Lahiru Kumara, Maheesh Theekshana, Asitha Fernando
NZ vs SL Probable Top Performers
Probable Best Batter
Conway showed great class and composure in the first match against Australia. He played second fiddle to Allen, when Allen was going beserk from one end, and then later after his dismissal, he took charge and started attacking. It is this ability to play according to the situation that makes him such a key player for New Zealand in this T20 World Cup.
Devon Conway Stats in T20Is
|Matches||Runs||Average||Strike Rate||Recent Form|
|27||1018||59.88||135.73||92(58), 14(17), 64(40), 49(46), 70(51)|
Probable Best Bowler
Without a shadow of a doubt, Wanindu Hasaranga is the bowler to put your money on in this encounter. He is the leading wicket-taker so far in this tournament.
Wanindu Hasaranga Stats in T20 WC 2022
|5||9||15.67||6.51||0/53, 2/25, 3/28, 3/8, 1/27|
NZ vs SL Prediction- Who Will Win Today’s Match Between NEW ZEALAND AND SRI LANKA
- On the batting front, New Zealand has a far more experienced and versatile batting order than Sri Lanka. But historically Kiwi batters have been quite poor in handling spin.
- All the New Zealand batters have the capability to play according to the situation.
- Sri Lankan openers have been in fine form lately, with Kusal Mendis being the leading run-scorer so far.
- Binura Fernando got injured in the last match and will not take the field in this match.
- In Boult, Ferguson, and Southee New Zealand have a better pace attack than Sri Lanka.
- Whereas in the spin bowling department, Sri Lanks has probably one of the best spin units in the competition.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other in a T20I match, Sri Lanka defeated New Zealand by 37 runs.
NZ vs SL in T20Is
|Matches Played||NZ Won||SL Won|