PAK vs ENG Today Match Prediction for Pakistan vs England 1st Test – Who Will Win Pakistan vs England?
Updated on: Dec 1, 2022 1:15 pm IST
PAK vs ENG Today Match Prediction: After an overdose of limited overs cricket, the action now shifts to the purest and longest format of the game. Pakistan will host England for a 3-match Test Series starting on Thursday. Both teams faced each other in a 7-match T20I series just before the T20 World Cup and this Test series will be the continuation of that tour. With the valuable World Test Championship points up for grabs, let’s see how both sides stack up for this encounter.
PAK vs ENG Match Details
Fixture Name: Pakistan vs England, 1st Test
Competition: England tour of Pakistan, 2022
Venue: Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi
Date and Time: December 1, 10:00 AM IST
Telecast & Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network, Sony LIV
PAK vs ENG Pitch Report
The surface in Rawalpindi is a pure bowling pitch. Pace bowlers will have a lot of say in the outcome of this match. The pace and bounce of Pindi will be tough to negotiate for the batters in general. 313 is the average score at this venue with the average first innings score being 303.
England- W W L W W
Pakistan- L W L D D
PAK vs ENG Probable Playing XIs
Abdullah Shafique, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Shan Masood, Azhar Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Nauman Ali, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf
Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes(c), Ben Foakes, Liam Livingstone, Jack Leach, Ollie Robbinson, James Anderson
PAK vs ENG Probable Top Performers
Probable Best Batter
Babar Azam is a beast in home conditions. He has 2 centuries and a double hundred in his last 5 innings. With half of the England side out with the virus, Babar will be eyeing to feast on this recovering bowling unit.
Babar Azam Stats in Tests
|42||3122||47.30||7||97, 174, 122, 232, 36|
Probable Best Bowler
The English veteran has been leading this bowling unit for quite a long now. He has an excellent record in Rawalpindi kind of conditions. And moreover, the extra pace and bounce of the Rawalpindi wicket will add to his advantage.
James Anderson Stats in Tests
|175||667||26.22||32||3/53, 6/62, 1/52, 6/106, 8/52|
PAK vs ENG Prediction- Who Will Win Today’s Match Between Pakistan and England
- There are high chances for the 1st Test to get postponed.
- Most of the England squad, including captain Ben Stokes, has been affected by a virus
- Around 14 members of the squad including players and coaches were advised to rest at the hotel on Wednesday.
- Only Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Keaton Jennings, Ollie Pope, and Joe Root were on the ground for practice on Wednesday.
- Pakistan will be without their ace pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi who is out of the series due to a knee injury.
- Pacer Mark Wood has been ruled out of the series due to an injury.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other in a Test Match, the match ended in a draw.
PAK vs ENG in Tests
|Matches Played||PAK Won||ENG Won|