Athletic Bilbao vs Las Palmas
La Liga, Spain
In the next fixture of La Liga, Athletic Bilbao is locking horns with Las Palmas on their home turf at 1:30 AM (IST) on February 9th. This is by all means would be a nail biting contest since both the teams know the importance of winning this fixture of the game. For the home team, it would be a difficult task since they failed to register a win in their last four games and for the away team it is a matter of saving their head from being relegated.
When: February 9, 2:00 AM IST
Where: San Mames Stadium, Spain
Head to Head Encounters: (6 matches)
Athletic Bilbao Won – 2
Las Palmas Won – 2
Not decided – 2
Athletic BIlbao TEAM NEWS:
- Kepa should feature in goal for the home side after a while sat out with a foot problem.
- Kuko Ziganda may persist with the 3-5-2 formation that he utilised in Athletic’s defeat to Girona last weekend.
- Aritz Aduriz could be named up front with Inaki Williams, with Raul Garcia dropping deeper to link midfield and attack.
Kepa (GK), Alvarez, Martinez, Nunez, Lekue, Iturraspe, Rico, Garcia, Marcos, Williams, Aduriz
Las Palmas TEAM NEWS:
- Matias Aguirregaray and Etebo should get starts once again after impressing on their respective debuts.
- Nacho Gil should be preferred to Jairo out on the left-hand side once again, as Paco Jemez is set to name the same side that beat Malaga.
- Pedro Bigas may come into the equation at centre-back in place of Ximo Navarro
Chichizola (GK), Macedo, Navarro, Galvez, Aguirregaray, Viera, Penalba, Etebo, Toledo, Calleri, Gil
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
Athletic’s long unbeaten run came to an end last weekend against Girona, with Ziganda’s tactics coming under question once again in a very disappointing performance. Los Leones, however, last lost at home in La Liga back in October to Barcelona. Since then, they have gone five matches without defeat and have kept three clean sheets. Las Palmas have won two of their last three games in the Spanish top flight, but both victories came at home. They have won one of their last 29 La Liga away fixtures.
NOTE: THIS ATH VS LAP MATCH PREVIEW IS BASED ON OUR RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING FROM VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES. YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OWN PLAYING 11 ON THE BASIS OF TEAM NEWS.
ATH VS LAP FANTASY TEAM: