BORUSSIA DORTMUND VS AUGSBURG
AUG VS DOR MATCH PREVIEW:
In the upcoming fixture of the Bundesliga, Borussia Dortmund is locking horns with Augusburg in their home ground, Signal Iduna Park, at 1:00 AM (IST) on 27th February. This game is going to be a nail-biting contest because both the teams are equally balanced and the visiting team would try to spoil it for the home team even though they have only managed to draw only one of their four away games. However, the home team is expected to feature their best names on the teams and would like to register another win after this game. The preview of this game listed below.
When: February 27, 1:00 AM IST
Where: Signal Iduna Park, Germany
Recent form (Last six matches)
Borussia Dortmund – D D D W W W
Augsburg – W L D W L L
AUG VS DOR TEAM NEWS:
AUG TEAM NEWS:
- Jan Morávek should replace the suspended Daniel Baiern in central midfield.
- Jonathan Schmid challenges Marcel Heller for a spot on the right wing.
- Otherwise, manager Manuel Baum is unlikely to make any unforced changes.
Areola (GK), Yuri, Silva, Marquinhos, Alves, Rabiot, Diarra, Verratti, Mbappe, Cavani, Neymar
DOR TEAM NEWS:
- Jeremy Toljan came off at half-time in Thursday’s 1-1 draw against Atalanta and is unlikely to feature here.
- Marco Reus started their Europa League match on the bench and should return to the starting XI this weekend.
- Marcel Schmelzer will push for a start this weekend after coming off the bench in midweek to score the goal that put Dortmund through to the next round.
- Manuel Akanji was ineligible in the Europa League, but should return to start at centre-back here.
Pele (GK), Sakai, Rami, Rolando, Amavi, Gustavo, Anguissa, Thauvin, Sanson, Payet, Germain
AUG – Caiuby, Max
DOR – Piszczek, Gotze, Reus, Batshuayi
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
Despite winning three league matches in a row and progressing to the next round of the Europa League, Borussia Dortmund still struggle to find the right balance in their approach. They are too dependent on individual quality in the final third right now, but should improve in possession soon, if everyone stays fit.
Augsburg has lost back-to-back matches and have only picked up a single point from their last four away games. They miss top-scorer Alfred Finnbogason up front, but will hope to find other ways to score against a potentially fatigued home side.
Expect this to be an open game from the outset, with several chances at both ends of the pitch.
NOTE: THIS AUG VS DOR MATCH PREVIEW IS BASED ON OUR RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING FROM VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES. YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OWN PLAYING 11 ON THE BASIS OF TEAM NEWS.
AUG VS DOR FANTASY TEAM: