FC Baselvs vs Manchester City
UEFA Champions League, Europe
In the next fixture of the final stage of UEFA Champions League, FC Basel is locking horns with Manchester City in their home turf at 1:15AM (IST) on February 14th. This is by all means would be a nail biting contest since both the teams know the importance of winning this fixture of the game. For the home team, it would be a tough match because they are inviting the war from such an away team who are almost invincible in this edition of English Premier League.
When: February 14, 1:15 AM IST
Where: St. Jakob-Park
BAS vs MCI Team news:
FC Basel TEAM NEWS:
- FC Basel played a 3-4-3 formation throughout the group stage of the Champions League but the loss of their best defender Manuel Akanji, who joined Borussia Dortmund in January, may force them into a back four.
- Renato Steffen also moved to Germany during the winter break, but Valentin Stocker returned to the club in January and should play on the right instead.
- Luca Zuffi is a doubt for the home side and may not recover in time for the first leg, while GermanoVailati is sidelined.
Vaclik (GK), Petretta, Balanta, Suchy, Lang, Xhaka, Die, Bua, Elyounoussi, Stocker, Oberlin
Manchester City TEAM NEWS:
- Leroy Sané and Fabian Delph were pictured in training ahead of Tuesday’s match against Basel but it remains to be seen whether this match will come too soon for the duo.
- David Silva failed to overcome injury in time to face Leicester on Saturday and remains a doubt for the away side here, although is expected to feature.
- John Stones and Vincent Kompany will push for starts at centre-back after being named on the bench at the weekend, while Phil Foden is another option after making his comeback against the Foxes.
- Danilo and OleksandrZinchenko battle for a starting role at left-back in Switzerland with Benjamin Mendy and Fabian Delph still sidelined.
Ederson (GK), Walker, Stones, Kompany, Danilo, Silva, Fernandinho, Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Sterling
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
In this fixture of UEFA Champions League our bet is on the away team Manchester City because they have been a team with no fault in this season of football and they have been playing like the best European team currently so in a match against a home team that qualified in the round 16 of UCL six years back don’t possess much threat for the visitors.
NOTE: THIS BAS VS MCI MATCH PREVIEW IS BASED ON OUR RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING FROM VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES. YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OWN PLAYING 11 ON THE BASIS OF TEAM NEWS.