ARG vs BRZ Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
The Copa America 2019 semi-finals kicks-off with arguably one of the biggest games in the world football as hosts Brazil face their arch-rivals Argentina at Estádio Governador Magalhães Pinto (Mineirão).
The Copa America 2019 match will be played between Brazil and Argentina at Estádio Governador Magalhães Pinto (Mineirão), in Minas Gerais. The ground has a capacity of 62,000.
The game will start at 06:00 AM (IST), on Wednesday, July 03.
Football fans in India will be disappointed as CONMEBOL Copa America Brasil 2019 failed to land a broadcast partner for the sub-continent.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Brazil – D W W W W L
Argentina – L L L L W D
Brazil Team News:
- Neymar hasn’t played a single game in this tournament after suffering an ankle ligament injury in one of Brazil’s friendly game. The PSG star is definitely out along with Richarlison who will be missing the rest of the campaign with mumps.
- In addition, Fernandinho is a doubt due to a slight knock.
Brazil squad for the Copa America 2019:
- Goalkeepers: Alisson, Ederson, Cassio
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Marquinhos, Eder Militao, Dani Alves, Fagner, Alex Sandro
- Midfielders: Allan, Lucas Paqueta, Philippe Coutinho, Willian, Casemiro, Fernandinho, Arthur
- Forwards: Everton, David Neres, Richarlison, Roberto Firmino, Gabriel Jesus
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Tite has pretty much a settled backline with Alves, Silva, Marquinhos, and Luis looks to be his go-to defenders in this tournament. Expect them to start the match and if a change occurs, it will most probably come at the left-back. In that case, Éder Militão may replace Filipe Luiz, but it’s highly unlikely.
- Casemiro is back from suspension and will be starting the match, alongside Arthur, in the midfield.
- Even if Fernandinho is fit, Tite will definitely go with his favored midfield duo of Arthur and Casemiro.
- Everton Soares is expected to be preferred over David Neres while Roberto Firmino and Gabriel Jesus both are expected to start the match as well.
Brazil Probable XI:
Alisson (GK), Alves, Marquinhos, Silva, Luis, Casemiro, Arthur, Coutinho, Everton, Jesus, Firmino
Argentina Team News:
Squad for the Copa America:
- Goalkeepers: Franco Armani, Esteban, Andrada Agustin Marchesin
- Defenders: Nicolas Otamendi, Nicolas Tagliafico, German Pezzella, Renzo Saravia, Juan Foyth, Marcos Acuna, Ramiro Funes Mori
- Midfielders: Angel Di Maria, Leandro Paredes, Rodrigo De Paul, Roberto Pereyra, Giovani Lo Celso, Exequiel Palacios, Guido Rodriguez, Ivan Marcone
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero, Lautaro Martinez, Paulo Dybala, Matias Suarez
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Argentina biggest strength is their attack. With the likes of Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero, Paulo Dybala, Lautaro Martinez, and Angel di Maria in the squad, head coach Lionel Scaloni has his hands full of players who can win the games on their own.
- But beyond them, the team lacks the depth. Right from the goalkeeping position up to the midfield, it’s a team that is largely inexperienced at the international level.
- River Plate’s Franco Armani looks ahead in the pecking order and should start the game in goal.
- While seven defenders from the backline account for a combined 115 caps with Nicolas Otamendi boasting 62 of those.
Argentina Probable XI:
Armani (GK), Foyth, Pezzella, Otamendi, Tagliafico, Acuna, Paredes, De Paul, Messi, Martinez, Aguero