BAR vs VAL Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
The Champions return to the action after the international break, looking to put the season back on track following an uncanny start to the new La Liga season.
Already a gap of five points, the Catalan giants are hard-pressed for a win when they host Valencia at Camp Nou. But they will have to do without their talisman Lionel Messi as he remains out with a calf problem.
Valencia meanwhile could do with a positive result here having collected just four points from the first 3 games. But it’s the pace which their direct rivals, Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla, have set up, which makes their case a tad more serious. The Champions League football is imperative for Mestalla based club, to keep growing.
The La Liga match will be played between Barcelona and Valencia at Camp Nou, in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. The ground has a capacity of 99,354.
The game will start at 12:30 AM (IST), on Saturday, September 15.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Barcelona – W W W L W D
Valencia – L W L D L W
Barcelona Team News:
- As mentioned above, Lionel Messi will take no part in the match. The 31-year-old is still recovering from a calf problem which forced him to miss Barcelona’s first three La Liga games.
- Barcelona also confirmed that Samuel Umtiti will miss the next six weeks of action following an injury the center-back suffered while away on international duty.
- Ousmane Dembele and Neto remain on the sideline and won’t be involved.
- Rafinha has left Barcelona for Celta Vigo on a one-year loan.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Ernesto Valverde revealed in his pre-match press conference that Luis Suarez is feeling fine after returning to the training this week. However, due to the lack of proper game-time, the Uruguyan’s match-fitness remains an issue. The former Liverpool player may start from the bench.
- Which means, Barcelona are more or less likely to go with the same playing 11 which started the game against Osasuna — Antoine Griezmann in the middle, with Fati and Carlos Perez on either side of him in the attack.
- But Ansu Fati’s goal against Osasuna last time around, means, the 16-year-old may be preferred over Perez.
Barcelona squad for the home game against Valencia:
- Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen, Iñaki Peña
- Defenders: N. Semedo, Piqué, Jordi Alba, Lenglet, M Wague, Sergi Roberto, J, Firpo
- Midfielders: I. Rakitic, C. Alena, Sergio, Todibo, Arthur, F. De Jong, Vidal,
- Attackers: Suárez, Griezmann, C. Pérez, Ansu Fati
Barcelona Probable XI:
Ter Stegen (GK), Semedo, Piqué, Lenglet, Alba, De Jong, Busquets, Arthur, Pérez, Griezmann, Fati
Valencia FC Team News:
- Valencia don’t have many injury problems ahead of their crunch game against Barcelona.
- At the moment, Carlos Soler and Cristiano Piccini are the only players missing for the Los Che due to injuries.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Denis Cheryshev is back to full fitness and may start, replacing Ferran Torres in the playing 11.
- Summer arrival Maxi Gomez is pushing for a start. If the former Celta Vigo player starts, Kevin Gameiro is the likeliest player to create space from him in the playing 11.
Here is Valencia’s squad for Barcelona match:
- Goalkeepers: Domenech, Cillessen
- Defenders: Garay, Paulista, Gaya, J. Costa, Diakhaby, Wass
- Midfielders: Parejo, Coquelin, Kondogbia, Ferran Torres, Lee Kang-in, Guedes, Cheryshev
Valencia Probable XI:
Cillessen (GK), Wass, Garay, Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Torres / Cheryshev, Parejo, Coquelin, Goncalo Guedes, Gameiro / Maxi Gomez, Rodrigo
Likely to score:
- For Barcelona: Antoine Griezmann, Carlos Perez, Ansu Fati
- For Valencia: Rodrigo, Parejo
BAR vs VAL Dream11 potential winner:
Barcelona are favorites to win the match.