CMR-W vs ENG-W Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
England will be looking to book their spot in the women’s World Cup quarterfinals when they play Cameroon in the last-16 at Stade du Hainaut.
How did they qualify?
- England recorded three wins out of three as they topped the Group D ahead of Japan, Argentina and the first-timer Scotland.
- Two close wins in the opening games against Scotland and Argentina respectively, left a lot to be desired from the team considered as one of the early favourites to lift the coveted trophy.
- Japan were their biggest threat in the group and that’s where Phil Neville’s team produced their best display of the competition, winning 2-0 against the 2011 champions.
- Cameroon managed to qualify despite finishing 3rd in group E with just one win and a negative goal difference.
- But they were one of the best third-placed teams in the tournament, so they are in the knockout rounds on merit.
This FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 match will be played between England and Cameroon at Stade du Hainaut, in Valenciennes, France. The ground has a capacity of 24,926.
The game will start at 09:00 PM (IST), on Sunday, June 23.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Sony Sports Network has the exclusive rights to broadcast FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 matches in India. Premier members can also enjoy the live action on the official SonyLiv App.
Recent form (Last six matches)
England – W W L W W W
Cameroon – W L W L L W
England Team News:
- Phil Neville is blessed with a healthy squad, with no player missing the game with injury or suspension.
England squad for the world cup:
- Goalkeepers: Karen Bardsley, Mary Earps, Carly Telford
- Defenders: Millie Bright, Lucy Bronze, Rachel Daly, Alex Greenwood, Steph Houghton, Abbie McManus, Demi Stokes, Leah Williamson
- Midfielders: Karen Carney, Jade Moore, Jill Scott, Lucy Staniforth, Georgia Stanway, Keira Walsh
- Forwards: Toni Duggan, Fran Kirby, Beth Mead, Nikita Parris, Jodie Taylor, Ellen White
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Toni Duggan returned from injury in the last game but looked way off pace and rusty. That means Nikita Parris should return to the starting 11.
- Karen Bardsley replaced Carly Telford in goal and should hold onto her place.
England Probable XI: Carly Telford / Karen Bardsley (GK), Lucy Bronze, Steph Houghton, Abbie McManus / Millie Bright, Alex Greenwood, Keira Walsh, Nikita Parris, Fran Kirby, Jill Scott, Beth Mead, Ellen White / Jodie Taylor
Cameroon Team News:
Cameroon squad for FIFA Women’s World Cup
- Goalkeepers: Annette Ngo Ndom, Marthe Ongmaham, Isabelle Mambingo
- Defenders: Christine Manie, Aurelle Awona, Augustine Ejangue, Claudine Meffometou, Yvonne Leuko, Estelle Johnson, Ysis Sonkeng
- Midfielders: Raissa Feudjio, Genevieve Ngo Mbeleck, Jeannette Yango, Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk, Ninon Abena, Charlene Meyong
- Forwards: Madelaine Ngono Mani, Gaelle Enganamouit, Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene, Michaela Abam, Ajara Nchout, Henriette Akaba, Alexandra Takounda
Cameroon Probable XI: Ngo Ndom (GK), Leuko, Augustine Ejangue / Aurelle Awona, Manie, Meffometou, Yango, Menene, Feudjio, Akaba, Madeleine Ngono Mani, Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene