GER vs ICE Dream11: Iceland makes the trip to Germany as both sides kick off their bid to qualify for the upcoming World Cup. They are placed in Group J with Armenia, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia and Romania and both sides will fancy their chances for qualification. 4-times world champions, Germany, have been underperforming of late and their last game ended in a disastrous 6-0 loss to Spain as they failed to qualify for the latter stages of the Nations League. Iceland has troubles of their own, having lost 7 of their last 8 games and are currently on a 5 game losing streak.
Date: 26th March, Friday
Kick-Off: 1:15 am (IST)
Venue: Schauinsland-Reisen Arena, Germany
WATCH World Cup Qualifiers Live Stream and Match Score on Hotstar/JioTv in India
Head-to-Head (last 5 meetings): The 2 sides have never met each other in the recent past.
Expected Changes and Strategy:
• Antonio Rudiger’s season with Chelsea has been on the up of late and should get the nod in defence alongside and Marcel Halstenberg might replace the injured Niklas Sule.
• Toni Kroos has suffered an adductor injury and Florian Neuhaus could be given a start in midfield alongside Leon Goretzka and Ilkay Gundogan.
• Serge Gnabry, Leroy Sane and Timo Werner should keep their place upfront.
Germany Starting XI (likely)
Manuel Neuer (GK)
Expected Changes and Strategy:
• Hannes Thor Halldorsson should start in goal as Hordor Magnusson starts at left-back as Hjortur Hermannsson moves to the right.
• Burnley’s Johann Gudmundsson should start on the right-wing with Arnor Traustason and Aron Gunnarsson returning to the lineup.
• Jon Bodvarsson will keep his place in attack as Albert Gudmundsson is replaced by Kolbeinn Sigthorsson.
Iceland Starting XI (likely)
Hannes Thor Halldorsson (GK)
Fantasy Football Tips
Serge Gnabry – With 4 goals and 1 assist in his last 5 Bundesliga games, Serge Gnabry has been great for Bayern Munich this season. He has also created 32 chances and has succeeded in 44% of his attempted dribbles. Gnabry had 8 goals and 1 assist for Germany in the Euros qualification and will look to replicate that form.
Ilkay Gundogan – Ilkay Gundogan has been having an amazing season wherein he has netted 12 goals and provided 1 assist so far. He has also scored in all 3 of his last games for the club. He has created 35 goal-scoring chances with a 91% pass accuracy and has a 60% shot conversion rate.
Leroy Sane – Despite a rocky start to the season, Leroy Sane has amassed 4 goals and 9 assists in 14 starts for Bayern Munich. He has created 37 chances and completed an impressive 46 of his attempted dribbles with a success rate of 54%. He will look to link up with Timo Werner down the middle and his Bayern teammate, Serge Gnabry, on the opposite flank and give the Icelandic defence a lot of problems. Sane’s pace and dribbling ability can be menacing and he is sure to use that to good effect.
Goalkeeper – Halldorsson
Defenders – Rudiger, Ginter, Max
Midfielders – Traustason, Gunnarsson, Gudmundsson, Gundogan (VC)
Forwards – Sane, Gnabry (C), Werner
The Germans are the clear favourites for this game despite their form before the GER vs ICE Today Match Prediction. They will look to respond to the defeat against Spain with a strong performance here and begin their World Cup qualification process. Iceland, on the other hand, will do very well to qualify for the World Cup and will take it one game at a time. They have been underdogs for a while now and Germany will not underestimate them. They set up in a traditional low-black 4-4-2 and try to catch their opponents on counter-attacks or on set-pieces.