ITA vs ARM Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
The road to Euro 2020 starts here. It’s the international week and all the teams will be playing a minimum of two games, looking to move closer to securing a place in the UEFA’s next European Championship.
The European Qualifiers match will be played between Armenia and Italy at Vazgen Sargsyan Republican Stadium, in Yerevan, Armenia. The ground has a capacity of 14,403
The game will start at 09:30 PM (IST), on Saturday, September 05.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Armenia – W D L L W W
Italy – D W W W W W
Armenia Team News:
- Armenia coach Armen Gyulbudaghyants named a strong 30-man squad for the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Italy and Bosnia & Herzegovina.
- Out of 30 players, 13 play for non-Armenian clubs, led by Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who sealed a loan deal from Arsenal to Italian club AS Roma on the deadline day.
- With no big-name player missing out due to either injuries or suspension, expect Armen Gyulbudaghyants to name a similar playing 11 to the one which beat Greece 2-3 away in the last euro 2020 qualifier back in March.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Aleksandr Karapetyan should continue to lead the attack, having been in good scoring touch of late.
- But Sargis Adamyan has been called up after starting the season on a good note with TSG Hoffenheim. The 26-year-old will no doubt push for a start.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan will start behind the striker, with both Gevorg Ghazaryan and Tigran Barseghyan starting on either wing.
Armenia squad for the two qualifiers:
- Goalkeepers: Aram Hayrapetyan, Anatoly Ayvazov, Arman Meliksetyan, Arsen Beglaryan
- Defenders: Taron Voskanyan, Hayk Ishkhanyan, Arman Hovhannisyan, Varazdat Haroyan, Andre Calisir, Hovhannes Hambardzumyan, Kamo Hovhannisyan
- Midfielders: Armen Hambardzumyan, Petros Avetisyan, Artak Yedigaryan, Karlen Mkrtchyan, Erik Vardanyan, Artak Grigoryan, Rumyan Hovsepyan, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Gevorg Ghazaryan, Edgar Babayan
- Forwards: Artur Miranyan, Sargis Adamyan, Tigran Barseghyan, Alexander Karapetyan
Armenia Probable XI:
Hayirapetyan (GK), Hovhannisyan, Calisir, Haroyan, Hambardzumyan, Grigoryan, Mkrtchyan, Mkhitaryan, Barseghyan, Ghazaryan, Adamyan / Karapetyan
Italy FC Team News:
- The biggest name missing from Italy’s squad is of Giorgio Chiellini‘s. The 35-year-old Juventus captain was named in the squad but had to be left out due to right knee injury he suffered during training. The experienced center-back is expected to miss the next six months of action after undergoing surgery.
- Roberto Mancini has dropped both Moise Keane and Nicolo Zaniolo from his 26-man squad. Keane has failed to nail down a regular spot in Everton’s starting 11, while Zaniolo has been a hit-and-miss of sorts this season.
- Cristiano Biraghi, who completed his loan move from Fiorentina to Inter Milan, has been left out as well.
- In further news, Mattia De Sciglio pulled out of the squad due to a muscular problem, with Mancini naming Danilo D’Ambrosio as his replacement.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- With Sciglio out, Danilo D’Ambrosio is set to start at right-back, despite Gianluca Mancini in the squad.
- Gianluigi Donnarumma returns to the squad after missing the last two fixtures for Italy due to an injury. He will start the match in goal.
- Emerson’s good start to the season means Mancini will name the Chelsea player at left-back once more.
Italy squad for the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Armenia and Finland
- Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Donnarumma, Pierluigi Gollini, Alex Meret, Salvatore Sirigu
- Defenders: Leonardo Bonucci, Danilo D’Ambrosio, Emerson, Alessandro Florenzi, Armando Izzo, Gianluca Mancini, Luca Pellegrini, Alessio Romagnoli
- Midfielders: Nicolo Barella, Bryan Cristante, Jorginho, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Stefano Sensi, Marco Verratti
- Forwards: Andrea Belotti, Federico Bernardeschi, Federico Chiesa, Stephan El Shaarawy, Ciro Immobile, Lorenzo Insigne, Kevin Lasagna
Italy Probable XI:
Donnarumma (GK), Florenzi, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Emerson; Verratti, Jorginho, Barella, Bernardeschi, Chiesa, Immobile
Likely to score:
- For Armenia: Sargis Adamyan, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Alexander Karapetyan
- For Italy: Ciro Immobile, Lorenzo Insigne
- GK: Ayrapetyan
- Def: Emerson, Romagnoli, Florenzi
- Mid: Mkrtchyan, Mkhitaryan, Ghazaryan, Chiesa, Jorginho
- Attack: Karapetian, Belotti
- Captain: Belotti
- Vice-captain: Karapetian
ITA vs ARM Dream11 potential winner:
Italy should at least get a draw here.