LAG vs LAF Dream11 Prediction | Major League Soccer | Los Angeles FC vs LA Galaxy, Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Aug 25, 2019 8:31 pm IST
LAG vs LAF Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Los Angeles FC host city-rivals Los Angeles Galaxy in a marquee fixture in the Major League Soccer this week, hoping to win against them for the first time in five meetings.
LAFC have been the best team in the MLS this season, or the best ever to play in the league. For the wins, and the points they have racked up in the first 26 regular-season games is the best ever tally managed by any team in these many matches.
But one thing they still haven’t managed is a win against the Galaxy, a trend Carlos Vela and Co will hope to end this week.
While Galaxy are blowing hot and cold of late, without any consistency of sorts heading into this important clash against their most natural rivals.
Since beating Los Angeles last month, Galaxy have won just once in the next five league games, losing three times.
The Major League Soccer match will be played between Los Angeles FC and LA Galaxy at Banc of California Stadium, in Los Angeles, California, United States of America. The ground has a capacity of 22,000.
The game will start at 08:00 AM (IST), on Saturday, August 26.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Los Angeles FC – L W W W W W
LA Galaxy – L L L W D L
Los Angeles FC Team News:
- 22-year-old midfielder Javier Perez is out for the rest of the season after suffering Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injury.
- While Alejandro Guido remains a doubt for LAFC and will be assessed before the game.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Bob Bradley has a settled squad at the moment, with no fresh injury or suspension ahead of the match.
- We expect the former Swansea City manager to go with the same playing 11 which cut San Jose Earthquakes to shreds in the last game.
- That said, Adama Diomande hasn’t done anything wrong to be on the bench for the game of this magnitude. But the fact that Joshua Pérez came to the starting 11 in the last game and scored a goal, makes a good case for him as well.
- The duo battles for a place in the playing 11.
Los Angeles FC Probable XI:
Miller (GK), Harvey, Segura, Zimmerman, Beitashour, Atuesta, Blessing, Kaye, Rossi, Vela, Diomande / Perez
LA Galaxy FC Team News:
- Centre-back Daniel Steres serves a ban here following a red card in the last league game.
- While Romain Alessandrini remains a long-term injury casualty for the seven-time MLS champions.
- Perry Kitchen is still suffering from a groin injury. He remains a doubt for the game.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- With Steres out, Giancarlo González will partner Diego Polenta at the back.
LA Galaxy Probable XI:
Bingham (GK), Skjelvik, Gonzalez, Polenta, Feltcher, Dos Santos, Lletget, Pavon, Favio Alvarez, Antuna, Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Likely to score:
- For Los Angeles FC: Carlos Vela, Diego Rossi
- For LA Galaxy: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Favio Alvarez
Captain and Vice-Captain options:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: The lone fighter for Los Angeles Galaxy this season. The Swedish superstar has scored an incredible 20 goals this season, while the next best for Galaxy is Daniel Steres with only 3 goals. That’s the gulf which cost Galaxy in the big games, or in the post-season.
But with Ibra on the roster, the impossible is a distant possibility.
- Games: 21
- Games Started: 21
- Goals: 20
- Assists: 03
- Shots: 108
- Shots on goal: 41
Carlos Vela: Scored twice in the last game, with one of those could end up as one of the best ever goals in the MLS history. The Mexican superstar is a front runner for the coveted MVP this season. In fact, the former Real Sociedad star looks the only viable choice at the moment because of his high standards this season.
Goals, assists, passing, he has been phenomenal from whatever aspect you see his performances from.
- Games: 25
- Games Started: 25
- Minutes: 2239
- Goals: 26
- Assists: 15
- Shots: 128
- Shots on goal: 57
Diego Rossi: More than a supporting cast to Carlos Vela and that tells a great deal about the impact he is having on the team’s performance this season. The 21-year-old has scored some very important goals this season and will look to do so in the next game as well.
- Games: 26
- Games Started: 25
- Minutes: 2184
- Goals: 14
- Assists: 06
More options from Los Angeles FC:
Adama Diomande: The size, the speed, and the skill level, he is a complete package. The 29-year-old is in good scoring touch as well.
- Games: 21
- Games Started: 11
- Goals: 08
- Assists: 06
LAG vs LAF Dream11 potential winner:
LA Galaxy should at least get a draw here.