LAG vs SS Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Los Angeles Galaxy will be looking for their 2nd consecutive win when they host an out-of-form Seattle Sounders in the regular season of Major league Soccer at Dignity Health Sports Park.
The Major League Soccer match will be played between LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders at Dignity Health Sports Park, in Los Angeles, California, United States of America. The ground has a capacity of 27,000.
The game will start at 07:30 AM (IST), on Sunday, August 18.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
LA Galaxy – W W L L L W
Seattle Sounders – L L W L D L
LA Galaxy Team News:
- Romain Alessandrini remains out with a long-term injury. The 30-year-old has played just five games this season.
- Galaxy will assess the situation of midfielder duo Joe Corona (knee injury) and Perry Kitchen (groin surgery) before the match.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Galaxy’s 3-game losing run was snapped in the last game with a 2-0 win over FC Dallas, following a solid defensive display at the back.
- Both Daniel Steres and Diego Polenta started in the central defense and should continue for the 2nd consecutive game.
- However, head coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto could still move with his favored central defensive duo of Daniel Steres and Giancarlo González, which means a place on the bench for Polenta.
- Uriel Antuna could replace Julian Araujo in a like-for-like replacement, as is the case with Efraín Álvarez who may lose his place to Fabio Alvarez.
LA Galaxy Probable XI:
Bingham (GK), Polenta, Gonzalez / Polenta, Steres, Feltcher, Dos Santos, Lletget, Pavon, F. Alvarez, Antuna / Araujo, Ibrahimovic
Seattle Sounders FC Team News:
- The visitors are set to be without four first-team players for the trip to California.
- The players being forward Will Bruin (right ACL tear), defenders Brad Smith (right adductor strain), and Alex Roldan (left ankle sprain) and midfielder Victor Rodriguez (left hamstring strain).
- While another defender in the form of Roman Torres is out due to a suspension. The 33-year-old has been handed a 10-game ban for the use of performance-enhancing drugs.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Changes are expected in numbers, at least two or three, from the visiting team.
- The reason being, Seattle Sounders’ tacky performances in the last few weeks, especially at the back. The head coach Brian Schmetzer has all the reason to drop or hand in some players more chances in the next few weeks.
- Centre-back Saad Abdul-Salaam could lose his starting place to Kim Kee-hee.
- Gustav Svensson is pushing for inclusion in the defensive midfield and is in contention to start ahead of Jordy Delem.
Seattle Sounders Probable XI:
Frei (GK), Tolo, Arreaga, Kee-Hee, Leerdam, Svenson, C. Roldan, Morris, Lodeiro, Shipp, Ruidiaz
Potential Game Changers:
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Raul Ruidiaz
- Favio Alvarez
- Jordan Morris
Likely to score:
- For LA Galaxy: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Favio Alvarez
- For Seattle Sounders: Raul Ruidiaz, Jordan Morris
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: The Swedish superstar is still too good for the most MLS defenders even at this age.
That tells a great deal about his character and an unwavering belief in his own potential.
The 37-year-old scored twice in the last game, one from the penalty spot.
- Games: 20
- Games Started: 20
- Goals: 18
- Assists: 03
Raul Ruidiaz: In just 12 starts, he has 8 goals this season. Sounders may be struggling, but the 27-year-old Peruvian is definitely on song this season.
- Games: 14
- Games Started: 12
- Goals: 08
- Assists: 01
Jordan Morris: Can play either as a striker or an attacking midfielder. His speed and the technical ability on the ball makes him a crafty companion in this team.
- Games: 18
- Games Started: 17
- Goals: 07
- Assists: 04
LAG vs SS Dream11 potential winner:
Los Angeles are at home and will start the match as favorites against a struggling Seattle Sounders.