NGA vs GNA Dream11 Team Prediction | African Cup of Nations – Nigeria vs Guinea, Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Dec 23, 2020 4:17 pm IST
NGA vs GNA Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Nigeria can secure a place in the round-of-16 when they play Guinea in Game-2 in Group B at Alexandria Stadium.
- Nigeria won their first game 1-0 to kick start their campaign on a positive note, but it was hardly a performance giving Gernot Rohr any sort of satisfaction other than all 3 points.
- Burundi ran them ragged for enough part of the game to win the match. Only a poor finishing and a lack of calming heads robbing them a victory.
— 🇳🇬 Super Eagles (@NGSuperEagles) June 22, 2019
- Guinea, for all the talent they have at their disposal, were not far away from being a disappointment.
- A 2-2 draw in the opening game against Madagascar, a team playing in their first ever African Cup of Nations, was not a satisfactory result by any means.
The African Cup of Nations match will be played between Nigeria and Guinea at La Mosson, in Alexandria, Egypt. The ground has a capacity of 20,000.
The game will start at 08:00 PM (IST), on Tuesday, June 26.
Sony Sports Network has the exclusive rights to broadcast the African Cup of Nations matches in India. Premier members can also enjoy the live action on the official SonyLiv App.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Nigeria – D W W D L W
Guinea – D D D L L D
Nigeria Team News:
- Odion Ighalo scored from the bench in what was the only goal of the game. The former Watford striker may have done enough to start the match here. In that case, Paul Onuachu may be dropped down to the bench.
- Ahmed Musa is also pushing for a start after being left out of the playing 11.
Nigeria squad for the African Cup of Nations:
- Goalkeepers: Daniel Akpeyi, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Francis Uzoho
- Defenders: Olaoluwa Aina, Chidozie Awaziem, Leon Balogun, Jamilu Collins, William Ekong, Kenneth Omeruo, Abdullahi Shehu
- Midfielders: Oghenekaro Etebo, John Obi Mikel, Wilfred Ndidi, John Ogu
- Forwards: Samuel Chukwueze, Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi, Samuel Kalu, Ahmed Musa, Paul Onuachu, Henry Onyekuru, Victor Osimhen, Moses Simon
Nigeria Probable XI:
Akpeyi (GK), Shehu, Troost-Ekong, Omeruo, Aina, Ndidi, Etebo, Chukwueze, Mikel, Iwobi, Ighalo
Courtesy CAF TV YouTube channel:
Guinea Team News:
- Naby Keita started off the bench in the last game and looked fit enough. Considering the importance of this game, Paul Put may be tempted to use the Liverpool start from the off.
- Mohamed Yattara replaced striker Sory Kaba late on in the National Elephants’ opener and may have to content himself with a place on the bench here after the latter’s opener in the game.
- Elsewhere not many changes are expected.
Guinea squad for the African Cup of Nations:
- Goalkeepers: Aly Keita, Ibrahima Kone, Naby Yattara
- Defenders: Fode Camara, Mikael Dyrestam, Simon Falette, Julian Jeanvier, Ernest Seka, Ousmane Sidibe, Issiaga Sylla, Baissama Sankoh
- Midfielders: Mady Camara, Ibrahima Cisse, Amadou Diawara, Boubacar Fofana, Naby Keita
- Forwards: Sory Kaba, François Kamano, Jose Kante, Fode Koita, Ibrahima Traore, Mohamed Yattara, Idrissa Sylla
Guinea Probable XI:
Aly Keita (GK), Dyrestam, Jeanvier, Falette, Sylla, Diawara, Traore, Cisse, Naby Keita, Kamano, Kaba
Potential Game Changers:
John Obi Mikel
Likely to score:
- For Nigeria: Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi, Samuel Chukwueze
- For Guinea: Naby keita, Sory Kaba, Francois Kamano
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
Odio Ighalo: It was strange to see him on the bench in Game-1. But he reminded his importance to the team when he came off in the 2nd half and scored the winner. Expect him to start here.
- Games: 13
- Minutes: 872
- Goals: 8
- Assists: 1
- Passing%: 85
Naby Keita: Arguably the most talented player in Guinea‘s team. Was not fit to start against Madagascar, but looked quality as soon as he came off the bench. If she starts, he will give Guinea a whole new level of fluidity in the midfield.
François Kamano – Naturally a forward, he played on the left wing in Game-1. He was a treat all day and showed composure to convert a huge penalty which saved a point for his team.
Click India Fantasy Telegram link for fantasy team
Link to our telegram channel
NGA vs GNA Dream11 potential winner:
It’s going to be a fascinating battle. Nigeria were cut open by Burundi, while Guinea were not at their best either against Madagascar.
We expect both the teams to be better here and