SJ vs TRT Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Toronto FC will be looking for their first win in five games when they host San Jose in the 2019 regular season of Major League Soccer (MLS) at BMO Field.
SJ vs TRT Dream11 MATCH PREVIEW:
- Toronto FC were the defending champions last season having won the 2017 MLS Cup. They failed to qualify for the playoffs after ending the season in 9th in the Eastern Conference.
- While San Jose finished the 2018 MLS edition rock bottom in the Western Conference.
- Toronto lost their last game 3-0 to Real Salt Lake, with all their goals coming in the first hour.
- San Jose come into this match on the back of a resounding 4-1 win over Chicago Fire. Chris Wondolowski scored all the four goals for his team.
The MLS match will be played between Toronto FC and San Jose at BMO Field, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The ground has a capacity of 30,000.
The game will start at 05:00 AM (IST), on Monday, May 27.
In India, DSport has the rights to broadcast five regular-season matches in a week, as well as select MLS Cup playoff games and MLS Cup.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Toronto FC – L W L L D L
San Jose – W W L W D L
Toronto Team News:
- No player is out for Toronto.
- However, Laurent Ciman is still not 100% and may miss the game due to an ankle injury
- In addition, attacking midfielder Alejandro Pozuelo is suspended for the match after getting sent off in the last match against Real Salt Lake.
- Probable XI: Westberg (GK), Deleon, Mavinga, Moor, Zavaleta, Auro, Osorio, Bradley, Delgado, Hamilton, Altidore
- No injury report for San Jose ahead of this match. No player is suspended either.
- But Danny Hoesen is a doubt for the match. The 28-year-old Dutch forward is suffering from an undisclosed injury.
- Cristian Espinoza and Tommy Thompson are just one booking away from getting suspended from the next match.
- Probable XI: Vega (GK), Lima, Jungwirth, Cummings, Thompson, Yueill, Godoy, Eriksson, Salinas, Espinoza, Wondolowski
Potential Game Changers: Top fantasy picks and the points earned in the last three games
Abdoulaye Doucoure – 3.5, 13.5, 3, 3
N’Golo Kante – 3, 11, 4
Eden Hazard – 3.5, 10, 4, 21
Cesar Azpilicueta – 3.5, 10.5, 1, 8
David Luiz – 3.5, 4.5, 2.5
Gerard Deulofeu – 4, 9, 7.5
Stats and facts:
- In the last meeting between these two sides at BMO Field, Toronto mauled San Jose 4-0.
- While there was only one match played between these two sides last season which ended 1-1.
- Chris Wondolowski is now MLS’s all-time leading goal-scorer after scoring four times in the last match against Chicago. He got pass Landon Donovan on the list.
Breakdown of both team’s stats (Season 2018-19)
Toronto FC | San Jose
- Games: 12 | 12
- Wins: 5 | 4
- Losses: 5 | 6
- Draws: 2 | 2
- Goals scored: 22 | 18
- Goals conceded: 20| 23
- Shots: 123 | 125
- On Target: 68 | 57
- Fouls committed: 106 | 157
- Fouls Suffered: 130 | 144
- Corners: 67 | 74
Goalkeeper: Q Westberg
Defenders: F Jungwirth, N Lima, Auro, C Mavinga
Midfielders: C Espinoza, J Osorio, M Eriksson, M Bradley
Forwards: J Altodire (C), C Wondolowski (VC)
SJ vs TRT Dream11 potential winner:
San Jose should at least get a draw here.