VIL vs GRD Dream11 Grand League Prediction – Villarreal vs Granada | La Liga
Updated on: Aug 17, 2019 11:27 pm IST
VIL vs GRD Dream11 | Dream11 Grand League Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Villarreal will hope to make a better start to this season when they host a newly promoted Granada in the La Liga action at Estadio de la Cerámica.
MATCH Info: La Liga
When: August 18, 2019, 12:30 AM
Where: Estadio de la Cerámica
VIL vs GRD Dream11 MATCH PREVIEW:
Villarreal struggled so much last season, that they ended up sacking two managers during the 2018-19 season. Javier Calleja is now at the helm and will be looking to guide the team to a level where is challenges for the European places.
For Granada, like any team earning the promotion, the target must be to pass the first season hurdle.
- Defensive midfielder Bruno Soriano, along with central midfielder Ramiro Guerra and left-back Alberto Moreno, all miss out on the match due to injuries.
- Much of Villarreal’s problems last season surfaced from a leaky defense and the club tried to shore up the things at the back with some signings.
- One of them is Raul Albiol, and the 33-year-old is expected to start the match in the heart of the defense.
- Alex Martinez and Neider Lozano are listed as out by Granada ahead of this game.
- In addition, Bernardo Cruz and Jose Antonio Martinez are carrying knocks and will be monitored before the game.
VIL vs GRD Dream11 Grand League Picks for Captains & Vice-Captains:
Roberto Soldado: Back in Spain after a little bit of transformation with Fenerbache in the Turkish Super Lig. The 34-year-old is a threat in front of the goal.
- Games: 21
- Goals: 06
- Assists: 04
Gerard Moreno: The 27-year-old was Villarreal’s 2nd highest goal scorer last season. He has had a good pre-season as well which shows that he is ready for the new season.
- Games: 46
- Goals: 12
- Assists: 02
Santi Cazorla: The 34-year-old had a phenomenal last season, even earning a recall to the national set-up with Spain. Expect the former Arsenal star to pull the strings here.
- Games: 45
- Goals: 06
- Assists: 11
Karl Toko Ekambi: The Cameroon international can play in a variety of roles. Not only he has been deployed as a forward in a false-9 situation, but the 26-year-old has played both on the left-wing and as a left-back as well.
He is a vital cog in Viallreal’s wheel.
- Games: 41
- Goals: 13
- Assists: 05
VIL vs GRD Dream11 Grand League Scenarios:
- Villarreal should have a comfortable outing against the newly promoted Granda.
- That said the visitors could still produce a shock.
- Their forward line has a little bit of flair, led by the former Valencia star Roberto Soldado.
- But from the midfield, the likes of Iborra, Ekambi and Cazorla are undroppable.
- Stock your midfield with the home team’s player, with Fede Vico a good option from Granada.
VIL vs GRD Dream11 Sample Teams: