Getafe CF vs FC Barcelona
La Liga, Spain
After escaping a defeat narrowly in their last game, FC Barcelona will be looking to get back to dictating terms when they host Getafe CF. Getafe have been brilliant defensively this season and it won’t be easy for Messi and Co. to get past it. Also, Barcelona will have a lot to look after in the defence line up as two of their first choice central defenders won’t be available for selection in this game. With respect to the points table, 3 points for Getafe will take them to the 7th spot while a win for Barcelona will extend their lead at the top to 12 points.
When: February 11, 08:45 PM IST
Where: Camp Nou, Barcelona
Getafe CF Team News:
- Djene should feature at centre-back once again after Damien Suarez returned to full fitness last weekend.
- Angel and Jorge Molina may start up top in a two, although Gaku or Faycal Fajr could drop into the hole in place of the former.
- Sergio Mora will continue in central midfield in Markel Bergara’s absence, though Mehdi Lacen and Mathieu Flamini are both available.
Form (Recent first): D D D W L W
Last Result: (H) Getafe CF 0-0 Leganes
Probable XI and Subs:
Guaita; D. Suarez, Djené, Bruno, V. Antunes; Portillo, Fajr, Arambarri, Amath; Angel, Molina
Subs: Pacheco, Sergio Mora, Remy, Shibasaki, and Cabrera.
GK: Guaita, E. Martinez, and Manojlovic
Defenders: Djené, Cala, Cabrera, B. Gonzalez, Antunes, Olivera, Molinero, and D. Suarez
Midfielders: Bergara, Flamini, Arambarri, Shibasaki, Mora, Fajr, and Portillo.
Forwards: Ndiaye, Montero, Pacheco, Jimenez, Remy, A. Rodriguez, and Moulina
Key Players: Moulina and Fajr
FC Barcelona Team News:
- Samuel Umtiti is suspended for the home side, with Yerry Mina set to partner Gerard Pique at centre-back.
- Pique should be fit to play once again after battling through a knee problem picked up last weekend at Espanyol.
- Philippe Coutinho is expected to get a start in midfield after coming off the bench to score in the Copa del Rey.
Form (Recent first): W D W W W W
Last Result: Barcelona 2-0 Valencia (H), Copa Del Rey Semi-final
Probable XI and Subs:
Ter Steven; Alba, Semedo, Yerri Mina; Coutinho, Busquets, Sergi Roberto, Rakitic; Paulinho, Messi, Suarez
Subs: Cillessen, Alcacer, Aleix Vidal, Iniesta, and Digne
GK: Ter Steven and Cillessen
Defenders: Umtiti, Y. Mina, Varmaelen, Digne, Jordi Alba, Pique, and Nelson Semedo.
Midfielders: Denis Suarez, Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Iniesta, Coutinho, Paulinho, S. Roberto, Andre Gomes, and Aleix Vidal.
Forwards: Paco Alcacer, Dembele, Messi, and Suarez
Key Players: Messi, Suarez, and Coutinho.
Not a tough call to make if you’ve seen the way FC Barcelona have gone about their business this season. Destroying defences at will and defending in a rock solid fashion, FC Barcelona have displayed all of that so far. Getafe are a strong side too but getting past Barcelona is not going to be easy. For our predictions, we go for a 3-1 win for Barcelona.
GEF vs BAR Fantasy Team: