Valencia vs Barcelona
Copa Del Rey, Spain
In the second leg of the Valencia vs Barcelona fixture of Copa Del Rey, Valencia is locking horns with Barcelona on their home turf at 2:00 AM (IST) on February 9th. This is by all means would be a nail biting contest since both the teams know the importance of winning this fixture of the game. For the home team, it would be a difficult task since they have lost the first leg of this fixture and to win this fixture they have to score two goals at least and cannot concede one.
When: February 9, 2:00 AM IST
Where: Mestalla Stadium, Spain
Head to Head Encounters: (6 matches)
Valencia Won – 1
Barcelona Won – 3
Not decided – 2
Valencia TEAM NEWS:
- Andreas Pereira is out for three weeks after a dreadful tackle from Sergi Roberto in the first leg.
- Toni Lato and Jose Gaya will double up down the left-hand side again, with Goncalo Guedes struggling with a groin problem.
- Rodrigo should start from the off after coming off the bench against Atletico Madrid at the weekend.
Domenech (GK), Gaya, Garay, Paulista, Montoya, Soler, Parejo, Kondogbia, Lato, Moreno, Mina
Keyplayers: Paulista, Montoya
Barcelona TEAM NEWS:
- Gerard Pique is struggling with a knee problem, but the Barcelona defender should still start at Mestalla.
- Jordi Alba and Lionel Messi should be fairly fresh after starting on the bench against Espanyol on Sunday.
- Sergi Roberto should be preferred to Nelson Semedo at right-back, with Andres Iniesta to be preferred to Philippe Coutinho.
Cillessen (GK), Roberto, Pique, Umtiti, Alba, Iniesta, Busquets, Paulinho, Rakitic, Messi, Suarez
Keyplayers: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Andres Iniesta, Paulinho
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
Valencia have lost their last five matches in all competitions, with Marcelino’s side really struggling due to a lot of injury absentees.
The home side previously held Barcelona to a 1-1 draw at Mestalla in La Liga earlier this campaign, but without the likes of Jeison Murillo and Goncalo Guedes to call upon, their options are looking a lot more limited.
Barcelona have lost just one game across all competitions so far this season, but an organised Espanyol have caused them a great deal of problems lately. Valencia will want to follow their lead and defend well.
NOTE: THIS VAL VS BAR MATCH PREVIEW IS BASED ON OUR RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING FROM VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES. YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OWN PLAYING 11 ON THE BASIS OF TEAM NEWS.
VAL VS BAR FANTASY TEAM: