WOLFSBURG VS BAYERN MUNICH
WOL VS BAY MATCH PREVIEW:
In the upcoming fixture of Bundesliga, Wolfsburg is hosting Bayern Munich in their home ground, Volkswagen Arena at 8:00 PM (IST). This game is believed to be a one sided affair because it is Bayern Munich who would be the visiting team and they haven’t lost a single game in their last six games and they are most likely to continue the same in this game as well.
When: February 17, 8:00 PM IST
Where: Volkswagen Arena, Germany
Head to head Encounters (Last 6 matches):
Bayern Munich Won – 5
Wolfsburg Won – 0
Not Decided – 1
WOL VS BAY TEAM NEWS:
WOL TEAM NEWS:
- If Paul Verhaegh does not recover from an illness in time, Sebastian Jung should start at right-back.
- Gian-Luca Itter challenges William for the spot at left-back.
- Daniel Didavi and Josip Brekalo offer further alternatives in attacking midfield or on the flanks.
Casteels (GK), William, Knoche, Bruma, Verhaegh, Guilavogui, Arnold, Mehmedi, malli, Steffen, Origi
BAY TEAM NEWS:
- Manager Jupp Heynckes is expected to rest several key players ahead of Tuesday’s Champions League match against Besiktas.
- Rafinha could therefore get a chance at right-back, while Juan Bernat should start on the left.
- Sebastian Rudy and Corentin Tolisso could rotate in central midfield to keep Javi Martínez and James Rodriguez fresh for the midweek clash, while Thiago is expected to make his comeback from a long-term injury to get minutes under his belt.
- In attacking positions, Kingsley Coman and Sandro Wagner might feature from the off, with Franck Ribéry and Robert Lewandowski possibly being rested as well.
Ulreich (GK), Rafinha, Boateng, Sule, Bernat, Coman, Alcantara, Tolisso, Robben, Wagner
WOL – Verhaegh, Knoche, Mehmedi
BAY – Robben, Wagner, Boateng
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
Wolfsburg desperately needs to get back on track after a disappointing 3-1 defeat at Werder Bremen last weekend. They are edging towards the relegation zone once again, after only one win from their last eight Bundesliga matches, and manager Martin Schmidt faces a difficult task in trying to improve the mentality of his expensive squad.
Bayern have an 18-point lead at the top of the Bundesliga and can afford to rest players for their Champions League campaign now. Their B team will be highly motivated to put in a strong performance as well, though, to impress manager Jupp Heynckes and push for a start against Besiktas.
Expect Bayern to try to put pressure on Wolfsburg from the outset.
NOTE: THIS WOL VS BAY MATCH PREVIEW IS BASED ON OUR RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING FROM VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES. YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OWN PLAYING 11 ON THE BASIS OF TEAM NEWS.
WOL VS BAY FANTASY TEAM: