Teen Patti Rules: How to Play Online and Win Cash
Updated on: Dec 31, 2020 1:35 pm IST
Teen Patti Rules: Teen Patti is a gambling game that is never out of fashion. it is played with a deck of 52 cards. This game of cards was originally started in India and is widespread among many Asian countries. It is somewhat similar to Poker and 3 Card Brag if you are aware of the rules. It is an entertaining game when played at a party, at casino and lately it is available as Teen Patti online game too for your convenience from home.
It is a game of luck, experience and understanding all together. Teen Patti is also widely known as Flush or Flash in English, Teen Patti being the Hindi term. It is a very popular game among other card games on the occasion of Diwali festival. Teen Patti, as the name suggests, it is a game of the ultimate 3 cards to bet on. Almost all the age groups can play the game of Teen Patti. It can be played with family and friends and virtually gambled on the different online Teen Patti apps or gaming sites.
How to Play Teen Patti?
The minimum number of participants to play Teen Patti game is 3 people. It is a game that can be played in lager groups too, but it is best enjoyed within a group of 6 to 7 people. A deck of 52 cards is used where the Joker cards are removed. Before you start the game of Teen Patti, you have to bet. A minimum amount is contributed by all the players in the middle of the table. This amount is usually called the boot in the card games. This amount is a fixed and compulsory amount for all the players to produce. This collection of money is done before distributing the cards to anyone.
After the boot amount is collected, the dealer deals the cards to each player until everyone has 3 cards each. The cards have to be facing downwards initially.
Now, it is the player’s independent choice to either play blind or see the cards they have got.
First player is always the player sitting next to the dealer. Basically, all the players have to decide whether they want to raise the bet amount or opt out. Here, any raise in the betting amount by any player results in everyone paying the same amount in the specific round. This contributes in the increase of the betting amount on the table that is to be won. Players can opt out of the game at any point of time if they feel unconfident or if they are aware that they might lose further money. Since the gain or loss can be huge as much as you stick to the following rounds of the game. Players who have got Teen Patti combinations from the dealer at the time of deal, carry on the game by betting more amount of money as per the ranking of the variations of the 3 cards. The player who sticks in the game till the end and has the best ranking of the Teen Patti Trail wins all the pot money.
What is a Teen Patti Sequence of 3?
There are various pre-defined sequences of the 3 cards in Teen Patti. The existence of these sequences with a player decides the winner. More importantly, if all the players who are in the game till the end have sequence in their deals, a ranking decides who wins all the betting amount. This ranking is also stated beforehand in the game. The highest card in the deck is the Ace and lowest is a 2. Moving in a descending order from A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 is a ranking order.
Following are the sequences in the game of Teen Patti, which decides a win and a loss:
- Trail – This is a sequence of 3 that shows the same rank on all the 3 cards.This sequence is also called a trio.
For Example – A set of 3 cards of A’s or 3 cards of 8’s or 3 cards of 4’s, etc.
The highest sequencing is a set of 3 cards having A’s and the lowest would be all the 3 cards having the sequence of 2’s.
- Straight Flush – In this sequence, all the 3 cards have to be showing consecutive numbers to each other. This sequence valid only if they are all from the same suit. This sequence has multiple names like Pure Sequence, Straight Run and Pakki Round.
For Example – K, Q, J or 8, 7, 6, or J, 10, 9 etc. The highest ranking in this sequence is of A, 2, 3 followed by A, K, Q and so on. Lowest ranking being 4, 3, 2.
Here, 2, A, K is an invalid sequence.
- Straight – In this sequence, three cards should be consecutive but not of the same suit. It is also referred to as a round or sequence.
For Example – A,2,3 or A,K,Q or K,Q,J or Q,J,10 till 4,3,2. This is according to the order of sequence.
- Flush – It is also known as colour. In this sequence, when any three cards are of the same suit. Compare the highest card while comparing the two colours. If, they are equal, compare the second card. When all of the cards are equal, compare the lowest. The highest in this sequence is A,K,J and lowest is 5,3,2.
- Pair – In the pair sequence, the two cards are of the same rank. Compare the first card and the odd card if they are equal. The highest pair is A,A,K and the lowest is 2,2,3.
- High Card – In this sequence, the 33 cards do not belong to the any of the above types. The comparison is between the highest card first and then the second highest and then the lowest. The highest in this sequence is A,K,J of mixed suits and the worst is 5,3,2.
Teen Patti Variations
Many games have evolved over the years, the rules and style of playing changes with time. Same is also applicable to the game of cards. The stack of 52 cards gives us so many games and the infinite possibility of variations. Teen Patti has developed many variations around the world. These variations are also officially accepted and recognised. This makes the game and all its variations hugely popular around the globe across all ages. For those of you who are aware of the game can try different variations for fun and knowledge. Hope you enjoy the game!